Godfather OG Hermaphrodite

Broke a few lower branches off trimming other plants. Trimmed the buds down and felt lumps, pulled buds apart and my God l had about 20 seeds for 2 joints worth of bud. My question is what are the chances these guys will germinate for being premature? Plant in its 4th week of flower. Thank you in advance…

I swear I am the Charlie Brown of growing weed.

1 Like

Those don’t look too immature to me. store them properly and the chances are pretty good they will grow. Since they are from a hermie they will be feminized, but may be slightly more prone to hermie. They should still be good viable seeds though. If they don’t rattle or crush under gentle pressure they are generally viable.

2 Likes

She, er it hides its balls well. Has to be close to 20 flowers. Attempting to germinate a bunch, will report back. Thank you for making my day a little bit better… FREE SEEDS YAY!

2 Likes

There’s a very good chance these seeds carry the Hermie gene :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

All plants will hermie if stressed enough. It’s the plants reaction when it thinks it will die soon. Genetics will help determine how much and what kind of stress it would take to cause that near death experience. If a hermie seeds itself then there is no new genetic material to help replace those traits so there is a good chance that it will keep or compound those traits.

3 Likes

She smells great…

2 Likes

she looks happy, is it possible that you have any light leaks in your tent? Maybe a control display with lights inside the tent.

3 Likes

I have 2 tents in room, lights on 12/12 schedule. So when it gets dark, no light anywhere.

8 seeds germinating in distilled water and no tails yet. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

If its the seeds you just harvested they may not germ. Seeds usually need a dry period of time before they will sprout. Its the mechanism that keeps seeds from sprouting prematurely in nature. Seeds drop in the fall and then in spring germinate. If they sprout right after they are formed then they all die in the winter. If you find more on your plants you should set them aside for a few months.

4 Likes

Now you tell me lol. Since I got them wet, can I pull them out?

Pull out half and let half go. See what happens.

3 Likes

Thank you kind sir, on it! Will update.

1 Like

Sorry about that. When you said you were germinateing seeds I didn’t realize you were talking about the fresh ones.

1 Like

Yup fresh out of the sac’s so to say. No biggie. From what I heard on another thread, ALL my girls have seeds, as Norm informed me hermi’s pollinate!

yes they do. Heart breaking lesson to learn, but at least you came away armed with more knowledge for next grow.

1 Like

Life is one huge learning curve…
GM’s CCC on 80’s cars, huge curve, dominated!
Roller coasters, huge life and limb learning curve, no one died in 4,000 cycles.
Growing pot, no one loses an eye or limb. Breaks my heart, but learning.

I really do appreciate the feedback. As much as it hurts, I have to keep moving. I love growing weed and the pain relief I get. Thank you.

1 Like

I think most of the time I get almost as much out of growing it as I do consuming it. Even after growing cannabis for half my life every grow is still a learning experience.

2 Likes

So the big question can you detect a hermi early on?