Godfather OG Hermaphrodite

As far as i know nanners are the first sign of a hermie. Usually on lower branches. I had one hermie last grow but i didn’t notice any nanners until week 6 of flower. I got lucky and only had a few seeds in localized areas. Also harvested a week earlier than planned to make sure it was a quality harvest.

2 Likes

Sorry I have not one clue what that is.

They are pollen sacks that the female produces when it goes hermie on you. They resemble small bananas in shape thus…nanners.

1 Like

If you search “nanners” on the forum you’ll find plenty of pics so you can spot them next time

2 Likes

I’d not pop any seeds from that hermied plant personally.

All cannabis can hermie and will most likely hermie if you let them flower for way too long.

Clearly this isn’t what happened here.

2 Likes

@Zgro @OGIncognito Bro same shit on my GFOG, just popped a seed out of a nug. Pretty close to the same age as yours. I don’t know what could have triggered it or to what extent it is. I have a very stable environment. OGIcognito You say that the seed will most likely carry that gene, is it possible it already had that gene?

2 Likes

Yes very possible if the plants weren’t stressed :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Did a little super cropping, not much. Would that do it?

1 Like

1 Like

This is kinda irrelevant in my experience. Oh they’ll show female, but there will be a very high likelihood they will herm too. Just my experience…

All cannabis carries this gene regardless of whether or not any individual phenotype will express it (it’s incredible if you think about it).

In my experience regular seeds are far less likely to herm under stress than feminized seeds are. Not sure why…maybe because of how fem seeds are made in the first place…

2 Likes

The way it was explained to me is that hermies in nature are relatively rare because of the tremendous genetic diversity in nature. When we start taking those plants and for lack of a better term inbreeding them to stabilize a trait, that hermie trait can also be compounded without ever knowing it. Fem seeds take it even further by intoducing no new genetic material at all. Just a second set of the same traits making the hermie trait twice as likely to appear. All fem seeds come from a hermie in the first place.

1 Like