Light over heating

Hi all. I have a wee concern. I am new to indoor growing. I basically bought a full set up from the local Hydroponics store. Two weeks after beginning my grow, The IONGRID S33, FULL SPECTRUM LED, shut off and was very hot. I repositioned my fan to blow directly on unit on the back and shut it down for the night. The next morning, it came on as normal. It is my understanding that this light should be running cool. Should I be concerned?

1 Like

If it shut off by itself and was really hot I would call the manufacturer or whoever you bought it fromnASAP Growmie :call_me_hand:.

6 Likes

Sounds like it has a thermal shut off safety switch. Def call the manufacturer. None of my lights have ever shut down due to thermal overload…

5 Likes

:point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up:

Stay safe today so you can smoke tomorrow :facepunch:

5 Likes

Will do growmies. Luckily the store has been receptive to date, they replaced the inline fan two weeks ago. What kind of reputation does ac infinity have?

4 Likes

Amazing customer service and top notch equipment :boom::100::100::100:

5 Likes

I had an issue with a 69 pro controller a few weeks ago. I sent their warranty team an email, provided them with a receipt, and they immediately shipped me out a replacement.

6 Likes

Nothing short of amazing.

6 Likes

good to know @Covertgrower @ChittyChittyBangin @DoneDeal

5 Likes

Don’t worry about ACI, they like HLG understand selling good chit and giving good service is no secret, just good business. Both have grown in the last 3 to 4 years tremendously due to this attitude.

4 Likes

AC infinity and HLG are top notch in the industry! Lets keep them in business people! Hahahaha…

7 Likes

I kept running the light over the weekend and it would shut-off early and was quite hot. I dug out the blurple and replaced the Infinity, so my girls would have some sort of light. Loaded the Infinity in the car and headed off to the store where it was purchased. I had to leave it with the store as they needed to witness the problem.

The guy behind the counter had asked about the type of timers. His question was nagging at me. I went down to check the timer…I think you know how this ends! We will chalk it up to being a stoner :rofl:

@Covertgrower @ChittyChittyBangin @DoneDeal @MeEasy

3 Likes

@rtbaum, I hope the timer didn’t cause damage to the light.
Thanks for being honest and humble enough to share this story.

2 Likes

Happens to the best of us. Lol.

1 Like

@Ickey There was nothing wrong with the timer, The problem was the guy that set the timer wrong. It was coming on an hour earlier and thus shutting off an hour earlier.

The really irony…I did commercial Christmas lighting for 5 years or so, I have set hundreds of timers. Shit happens.

4 Likes

Sorry I’m so late with the reply but super glad you got that one figured out!!! It is what it is Stoner stuff happens because you know we are stoners :rofl::rofl::rofl::facepunch:

@DoneDeal Yes, WE ARE!! All is good in the tent, auto girls are showing their pubes, photo has been chopped back for manifold.

2 Likes