Lighting Experts - HLG 350R - Auto

Help (question at the end)

I’m going out of town for a week and a little worried about my lighting issue.

My light is an HLG 350R in. 2x4 AC Infinity Tent. All other equipment other then light is ACI. The controller is the model 69 Bluetooth connection. The light has a dial dimmer. I’m growing a GG4 “auto flower” and it’s well into the flowering stage.

ISSUE: My light is going off randomly! It is connected to the ACI controller by a doggie Type A (what ACI said I needed when I first put the tent together in February).

WHAT HAVE I DONE:

• The first time it happened, I unplugged the RJ11 cable and Type A doggle from the controller Port 1 and the light came on. Plugged back in and it went off again. Also unplugged the power from the controller and replugged it in.
  • Next I switched over to Port 3 I programmed the on/off settings in the controller and the light worked fine on Port 3 (That was about 2 days ago).
  • Today it went off again. I switched to Port 4 (and programmed controller) and no luck. I also tried the original port 1 without success.
  • Next I opened the ACI app (Bluetooth connectivity). Once it refreshed the connection to the controller, the light came on. I do not know if it was a coincidence? Light still on an hour later as it should be.
  • I called ACI support. Unfortunately it was an issue that wasn’t common to them and they weren’t a lot of help (I don’t mean to sound negative). They did say I needed the Type B doggle although they didn’t say it with a lot of confidence. I tried the Type B doggle prior to calling. Type A and Type B both had the same issue.

I’m going out of town for a week starting Monday (6 day from now).

QUESTION: Since I’m in mid flower and it’s an autoflower, would it hurt anything to keep the light on 24 hours a day for a week?

If I unplug the RJ11 cable/Type B doggle, the light stays on constantly and is dimmable via the dial on the light.

Any thought would be appreciated.

1 Like

Personally , I would not leave home with a faulty controller to turn on and off my lights. Blueprint makes a good controller to turn your lights on and off for less than fifty bucks . Bad Electrical equipment could also be a fire hazard. Just my thoughts good luck my friend. :+1::v:

5 Likes

@kellydans
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I have no choice if I don’t resolve before Monday.

3 Likes

Agree with @kellydans . HD or Lowe’s sells mechanical timers for around $10.00 and all I use :love_you_gesture:

5 Likes

@OGIncognito
@kellydans
Thanks. I have an electronic time. I’ll switch it over.

3 Likes

Yeah , swap it out your trip will be much more pleasant. (No worries)
Good luck

3 Likes

@OGIncognito
@kellydans

Took your advise and put light on the timer. Works perfectly. Thanks!!

6 Likes

Right on Grow Bro :muscle::muscle::love_you_gesture:

5 Likes

Oh yeah enjoy your vacation :+1:

5 Likes