Grove Bags? Experiences?

Hi everyone!

Any of you have experience with grove bags? I kind of hate jars and have been hearing a bunch of good things about grove bags and the ease of them.

Any thoughts or personal experiences?

3 Likes

Going thru my first experience with them. I have 3 plants curing, for approx 4 weeks now, and they seem to be working great. Some gets better each time I check it out and 1 heck of a lot easier than jars. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

I used them last year for the first time after my outdoor harvest. Very happy with them. They definitely self-cured, didn’t have to burp or anything.

I’m opening bags now that were sealed in December and the buds are terrific. Good smell. Didn’t dry out. I’ll use them over jars from now on.

5 Likes

Thanks! I am sold.

Jars are such a pain to me.

Doesn’t help that I tend to break glass regularly lol

3 Likes

Not all curing bags are dependable. I purchased 1/4, 1/2 and 1 pound sizes. The 1/4 pound size when I opened the zipper pulled loose from the side. I didn’t notice it right away and it dried out some of my buds. The other two sizes have presented no concerns. I definitely like the convenience of curing bags over jars. But after that experience it’s definitely worth double checking your seal. The brand I purchased was Grove bags. They say for best results to heat seal but I really don’t want to do that. By the way you don’t use bodeva packs in curing bags and leave air space so no packing the bags. Good luck with your cure

2 Likes

I’ve used them for about two years…great results. Almost 150 ounces with no issues.

4 Likes

I used “grove” bags and the difference was slight enough I’m not sure about preference.

One thing I didn’t see mentioned. They have bags with viewing windows and solid. black bag. I keep all of them in the dark, but it’s really important with the window bags to keep them in the dark.

I do the same with jars.

I didn’t know if you knew this or not, just thought I’d mention it for anyone who may read this.

3 Likes

RH measuring device will show thru window, nicely

3 Likes

Very happy with them used them for the last 4 grows

2 Likes

I used some Grove bags and some jars for my first grow last year. Both worked, but the Grove bags are way easier. This year, they’ll be necessary since I’ll be pushing the harvest on the early end. Grove bags will enable me to harvest and dry fast with no worries about leaving the dried harvest alone for two weeks.

I DO heat seal, partly because I gave a vacuum sealer for all the food we grow and partly because I knew some of the harvest would be around for a long time. There’s enough room to heat seal each bag at least twice before using new bags.

4 Likes

I heat sealed also at the beginning…especially the bigger 1 lb bags. I sealed once above the zip lock and two more times below it before tossing the bags

4 Likes

Did you wash the bags when you reused them? I asked Grove about that, and they told me it’s not necessary. I’ll always go for less unnecessary work, but I’m kind of a clean freak, so…

3 Likes

My Gallon Glass jars will hold 5 ozs, when half filled, leaving room for nugget tumbling (no stick together).
1-oz Grove bags, half filled, are better (and cheaper) for giving away.
Bag then glass for cure and long term storage.

3 Likes

No…i just reused them…they are kind of sticky inside. I tried washing one in the dishwasher…bag smelled like soap so I thru it away…live and learn

4 Likes

Unless they pretty knarly look’n with a bunch of crusties, I just use’m again. I usually grow the same strain for a couple of years so I leave the labels on the bags and reload with the same strain.

If they do need to be cleaned, the best way I found is to dampen a paper towel with alcohol and just wipe’m out. The wife will turn’m inside out, I don’t bother.

Yep, jars are expensive so if I giving any away it’s in a bag.

3 Likes

Heh, I ask for the bags back, but so far, no returns!

3 Likes

lol, before I got bags I gave away some decorative jars. Actually had somebody ASK me for more, told’m bring the jar back and I’ll refill it. :astonished: :crazy_face: :rofl: :joy: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover:

I thought I handled it exceptionally well. :innocent:

3 Likes

I would wash as I wouldn’t want to transfer smells etc between strains… just not with soap. Maybe rubbing alcohol.

2 Likes

I agree. i gave a lot away from my first grow, and there’s one friend who always wants more, so I’ve had to learn to set up trades for, for example, the Ocean Forest soil we refer to as « magic soil » but cannot afford to buy often.

4 Likes

Been using for several grows and love them. Just leave “headroom” and dont stuff them. Search "grove bags " here as there is a large thread on them.

3 Likes