Outdoor grower. What does everyone use for bugs that is safe? I’ve tried Neem oil
Jack’s Deadbug is a go to for pests.
T-Ray thanks. I’ll try it
You can also buy just the active ingredient in Deadbug, I’ll post a pic when I get back. Cheaper and stronger…..
Cool. Does it have the same restrictions as Deadbug? No more than three times in 7 days is what I understand.
I’ll have to look, I spray it every three days for two weeks, and I mix it a little stouter than the instructions state. I have eradicated mites with it a couple times, now I have a routine to prevent them from getting started using No Pest Strips hung in room all night every two weeks. Nothing since starting that….
I have 2 full bottles of jacks so I’m good. That said, I am doing an outdoor grow this year and will take steps to prevent mite infestation. Not sure what those steps will be but o know they will be there. Every plant I’ve grown outdoors has been attacked by them, and they won.
I hear ya T-Ray. I don’t have the $ right now to invest in all of the indoor stuff I would need. I’ve had 3 outdoor grows and battled the bugs most of the time. I try not to spray too much of anything. Question.. assuming you had to spray later in the grow, I’d guess you rinse the plants off before drying?
Oh yessir. It’s a good idea to wash the buds in a H2O2/water solution whether you applied an insecticide or not.
You could also use diatomaceous earth and dust the whole plant with it up till flower. Theres also companion planting like basil to reduce attacks
Ok thanks Mikeygbaby1234. I do quite a bit of vegetable gardening and grow basil every year. I’ll try that
T-Ray, not sure what drying method you use? But after the H2/O2 rinse what’s your next step?
Let them dry in the open air for about an hour to let the liquid evaporate and then I do a proper dry in my tent. Once they are dry which is about 10-14 days, I trim the buds and put them in grove bags to cure.
I use
Dr Zymes eliminator
Green cleaner
Annihilation pesticide
Purecrop1
Lost coast plant therepy
All these are plant base and can be used all the way to harvest. You can also mix Captain jacks dead bug and or Monterey BT into any of these. I
You should always wash your outside buds