What kind of mold?

What kind of mold am I dealing with here?

2 Likes

looks like you got a mag/cal deficiency but spray some captian jack on that. Doesn’t look like you have mold but that’s the webbing that spider mites leave behind in the top pic. Nice fat nugs by the way!!

That is a severe case of mold. Mega severe. Cut out any and all effected areas, to fresh green growth and spray a 50/50 of water and peroxide. What are your temps and rh? And how much air movement .

7 Likes

Yessir. Agreed. :v:

5 Likes

@TKD6strings This is spider mite webbing.

And a pretty severe case too , just so you can see the difference.
They generally stay on the outside of the buds and leaves.
Another pic.

See how they “tent “ the cola.

:v:

4 Likes

It really just breaks my heart when I see a post with this white web mold. I have had it in the past and had to toss too many buds in the bin. The OPs pics made my heart sink. To you @bananablack I feel for you. Humidity is your enemy. It can be difficult to deal with. You water plants that transpire moisture into the air. The better you get at growing nice lush plants the worse humidity becomes from water coming out of leaves.
So you have to find a way to get fresh dry air into your grow room. By removing lower growth and some of the thicker growth you can lower humidity. Air movement is essential. Fans above and below. Get the humidity 55% or lower especially during flowering when the buds start to get thick.
So sorry about your grow. Been there. Its depressing. But now you can adjust and fix it.

8 Likes

@bananablack

Damn… I am so sorry for your mold problem… What shame!

2 Likes

never had the mold issue growing for over 35 years , the key is to keeping it aty bay is air circulation and dry cycles, i keep my air dry without the worries of mold, growing shouldn’t be your problem, the drying should be your worst enemy

5 Likes

Thats a great picture of male pollen. Thanks for sharing, sorry about it being a male unless thats what you’re wanting.

4 Likes

Mold sucks for sure. Spider mites are a pain as well. Looks like they have been around for a bit. You can transfer them to house plants and to other peoples plants if not treated properly. I use lady bugs from my local hydroponic store to aid in preventing and ridding of pest. I just open the bag and let them live in my tent. Good luck my friend!

2 Likes

Bod rot (botrytis cinerea).
Don’t shoot the messenger: At this stage its a loss.
You can try a copper sulphate pentahydrate foliar [very effective control of molds and safe to use in flower], or a post-harvest H202 bud wash.
If either are successful I would suggest only using this crop for extraction.
Next crop keep a close eye on humidity, air flow, and early signs of mold.

1 Like

I tossed it already.

1 Like

Thats rough. I feel for ya growmie!!!

Nasty little buggers…I have found that Captain Jacks is pretty good. I started using it to kill those burrowing caterpillars. They destroyed a couple of my gals a few years back, I was just using neem oil but those Burrowing catapills laughed at the neem oil, Switched to cap, Jack’s caterpillar killer and it also does a good job on Mold. I use it on my outdoor Girls.

2 Likes