Has anybody died from smoking mite webs

Found one spot (probably more if I look hard enough) on my biggest bud ever grown with spider mite webbing. Hate to through the whole thing away and probably smoked some in the past!. Trash the whole thing or cut out what I can see?

Hrm… maybe try using a shop vac to suck them up. Or blow the webs off with a can a compressed air?

I hear captain jacks dead bug is pretty good at getting rid of spider mites. Not entirely sure if its safe to use during flower. Maybe someone with experience in spider mites can chime in.

People mention peroxide washes to clean the buds but im not sure if this would remove them or not though

1 Like

@Jerdan03 That doesn’t look like webbing from spiders to me . Looks like a white fuzzy mold.

A bit of info here from a few years back.

And a blurb from the web :point_down:

Make no mistake, white mold has its health risks, but it’s just as dangerous as any other color of mold. Continued exposure to any kind of mold can pose a serious threat to your health with symptoms including headaches, nausea, dizziness, allergies, and respiratory infections.Jul 13, 2022

Sorry. Off to the trash with it if it was mine.

:v:

6 Likes

Don’t smoke mold. Certain molds can actually live in you and continue to grow.

Also, Captain Jacks is safe up until harvest day, and rinses away with a bud wash.

7 Likes

Def not spider mite webbing. Agree with mold. Cut off the affected area. Definitely do a bud wash when you harvest.

4 Likes

I did a baking soda/lemon juice wash

2 Likes

Did you remove the heavy areas? Reading the comments it did look like mold to me as opposed to webbing.

Sometimes mites and mold go hand in hand. Not worth it. The webbing if it really gets out of control keeps moisture in the buds which can lead to rot. Now you got the worst of both worlds. Moldy weed gives you the symptoms of all the things I am seeing right now about the mass spike of CHS. I cannot believe so many people are getting this all of the sudden. So it is either another trend like Tide Pods or folks are getting ahold of moldy weed.

1 Like

Did u do a peroxide/water solution wash?
Baking soda/lemon juice will take care of the bugs and poop, the peroxide/water takes care of any hidden mold.