Plants don"t smell or taste 3rd grow

This is my third grow. I’ve changed my soil change my nutrients and still can"t get a smell or taste out of what I have grown. I started out with ocean Forest in Fox Farms Trio but I started the seedlings out in the soil and found out that the soil was too hot for the seedlings. I went to a seedling starter from Fox Farms and started over. I have moved to Coco Loco soil from Fox Farms and Dyna grow Foliage Pro and Bloom. I have black widow plants going on 8 weeks ready to move to flower and Stage. I also have two grand daddy purples that are in flower and they have a slight smell they are in week 4 of flower. I’m tired of wasting my time guys I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong but it seems like a terpenes are getting wiped out at the beginning somehow.

1 Like

Trichomes contain terpines that are responsible for smell. Plants usually start packing on trichomes about week 5 or 6. Have patience. Some plants won’t smell a whole lot.

Welcome to the forum.

3 Likes

I grew some Godfather OG’s plants were awesome looking but didn’t get high had no smell had no taste. But I started the seeds and Fox Farms Happy Frog I called Fox Farms and they told me that the soil was too hot for seedlings so this time I got the seedling starter for The Godfather OG’s and the bw’s. My problem is I’m running out of patience cuz this is my third time trying this totally disappointed. But I will take your advice and see how these gdps come out. I realize the bws aren’t even in flower so I’m sure they’re not supposed to smell yet. I just think I’m doing something wrong.

Start a grow journal . Post pics, updates, progress, and questions and we’ll help you along the way. Here is a couple of my grow journals as examples.

I can change the title of this thread to indicate that it will be a journal if you wish. Just let me know what you want the title to be, such as “Skullybone’s Grow Journal.”

1 Like

Okay that sounds good. I’m still new to this and I’m not doing very well considering it’s a weed and I figure it should grow easy. This has been nothing but easy. I think I was ruining seedlings with the hot soil. I’m concentrating on the granddaddy purples right now. Hopefully using the seedling starter makes a difference. Also I found Fox Farms a little too hot. I mean the nutrients. I just started using the Dyna grow Foliage Pro because I spoke with Fox Farms and they said I need to wait at least 4 weeks before I start feeding. I decided to change my nutrients. I don’t like having to flush it every 3 weeks. Plants grew up five feet tall last time.

1 Like

I agree 100% with @MidwestGuy by starting a daily journal on the forum mistakes you make along the way should in most cases be identified by members following your journal with the assistance of correcting said mistakes I believe you’ll find out what you’re doing wrong.

Good luck to you

1 Like

This is something that I have read over and over again…“It is just a weed…”.

Cannabis is a specific plant species and, like all other plants, needs a specific environment and nutrients to grow in. The key to success is to create an environment that is as close to what the plant needs as we can.

This community of growers can help you do just that. None of us has a perfect growing environment but we get close enough to grow some good “weed” and you can too.

5 Likes

Just curious. How long are you flowering before harvest? Most of mine get pretty loud around 8 weeks or so. Still not ready usually but last few weeks they tend to get the stinky. Just what i see typically.

1 Like

Well my godfather og I harvested around week 10 or 11. It never smelled but looked good. I have two tents with 2 diffrent strains BW and Granddaddy Purple. I"ll start a journal on BW’s since they are just getting to week 8 veg. Thank you guys.

2 Likes

Ive never cared for the saying “grows like a weed”. My interpretation of that is cannabis is resilient and hard to kill yes. But also hard to perfect. People who dont grow and see your nice plants think it "grows like a weed. But they dont understand the work that actually goes into growing beautiful plants.

3 Likes

@Skullybone13 Sulfur is the key to terps. That gives you the smell and taste that you’re looking for. Epson salt and potash contains sulfur.

3 Likes