New 260xl HLG light

I have a simple question
How far should the plants be from my new light?
Have my new 260xl
My tent is 4x4
Bergmans gold leaf auto
soil
w/humidifier

How old are and in what stage of growth are you plants?

Flower 3 months

I would have the lights at the very top. But you can also lower the power down if that is a route you want to take.

My rule…if its to hot for my hand, its to hot for the plant.


18"-24"

My thoughts exactly.
Just wanted to check.
Much appreciated

I have two lights just like that an same size space. if you’re 3 months into flower . I think 21inchs would be a good starting spot I finished up at 18 inchs. At full wattage.

Amazing info thanks

I’m excited major difference in light out put

I love mine. Keeping it 24in away from the tops.

Jonny Utah

Perfect thanks

Hey I just put my new light into my tent and all I could say is WOW.
What a difference its like being outside.
Under lightage if thats a word was a major problem of mine and I didn’t even recognize it.
Thank you one and all.
Honestly I don’t know how you would put 2 of these in my 4x4 tent I would need sunglasses to tend to the ladies

Is that @JonnyUtah … I’m such a big fan you and Swayze were awesome in point break… :+1:

Vaya con dios! :call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

Jonny Utah

I started 24” full power from veg to flower lowered to 18 late in flower and they were able to take it

I got mine on pulleys so I can do exactly that. I’ve got limited height, so however I can get as much light without hurting them.

Jonny Utah

I find it easier to move the plants higher

I usually either raise the roof or lower the floor. Works every time but terribly time consuming! Ha ha ha :joy:

HLG says 32-34 inches for Veg.
And 24 inches for Bloom