Need help with plants not sure what's up

Continuing the discussion from New grower, introducing myself and one quick question:

Continuing the discussion from Looking for help on leaf issue:

Ph is 6.5 I hit them pretty hevey with flower nutes about 10 days ago. I’m thinking nute burn but not sure , I gave them a good flush 3 days ago . Any help would be appreciated. Soil grow , 12/12 light 74 degrees 34 humidity. Thanks

The necrotic tissue on the leaf margins looks to be a Potassium deficiency but if you fed with flowering nutes that shouldn’t be an issue. What are you feeding with and at what strength? And what is the runoff ph?

The run off ph is 5.5 feed with flower power full strength

I was thinking potassium definitely also but the more photos I looked at I started leaning towards nute burn . I also had an issue with fungus gnats but got then under control, not sure how much root damage I got, could that be an issue?

I would cut the nutes to half strength and not the full recommended dose. You say you’re soil but what is the media? If it’s coco or other soiless media, you’re ph needs to be between 5.5 and 6. And 6.3 to 7 for soil. If you are in soil, your runoff ph is way too low. Either there is something in the media dramatically lowering the ph, or you are ph’ing the water before you add the nutes?

I would recommend flushing again to try to get your runoff ph between 6.3 and 6.8 and when you feed again, only use half the dose.

1 Like

Ok I will try that . Thanks for the help

1 Like

When trying to change the ph in the soil ( up or down) do you make the water target ph or a little over in the desired direction until you get the soil corrected?

I’m using happy frog soil and can’t seem to get it lowered. It keeps at 7.0 and I have been giving around 6.5 for the last 4 days and no luck lowering

@Kratos you can give it a little bit lower pH, say around 6 but I wouldn’t go any lower. That should work

1 Like

I wouldn’t go much under 6.2 since you’re in soil. But yeah, if you want to lower the ph of your soil, you can ph the water lower than the desired ph of your soil.

Since it’s Happy Frog soil, it might have dolomite lime in it. Which will naturally buffer the ph to a neutral 7.0.