Leaf issues Pests

Only my 2nd Grow :seedling:
Autoflowers Outdoor Growing #livesoil
Jacks 321
I have been struggling with pests this entire grow. I am using all the recommended sprays i.e. Captain Jack’s. One of my plants has some areas that are turning brown, possibly from damage from whatever’s eating them? I have caught leaf hoppers and some sort of teenie grasshoppers. One of my plants also appears to be getting light spots on some of the leaves. Could this be some sort of fungal? I was reading it can be sprayed with a copper spray from Captain Jack’s. Any ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much. Also do I need to trim off any leaves yet?

1 Like

I think they look pretty good for being outside. Sounds like you are doing the right things to keep the pests at bay. I do not see a need to trim any leaves right now. Good luck.

my two cents.

4 Likes

If that is all the damage you have you are doing great!

4 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about a few blemishes here and there.

3 Likes

Captain Jacks Dead Bug Brew is safe to use up until harvest, rinses away with a bud wash after.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks!!

These are what I’ve been using ~ just doesn’t seem to be working as well as I’d like but I keep spraying. What is bud wash?

1 Like

Thank you! I think I’m overthinking it!

Great!
Thanks so much!

2 Likes

Stay away from neem oil when in flower. It is absorbed and does not rinse away. I keep spiders around, they’re natures pest control.

2 Likes

A large spider web near your plants is the best organic protection you will get from moths laying eggs, major problem here

3 Likes

Here is my budwash recipe…

1st 5 gal bucket

2 cups lemon juice
2 cups baking soda
Lukewarm water

2nd 5 gal bucket

2 cups hydrogen peroxide
Lukewarm water

3rd 5 gal bucket

Cool water only

Dip your branch or bud in each bucket while agitating a little. Be careful not to hit the sides or bottom of bucket to prevent damage to trichomes. Shake off after each dunk. After you rinse in the 3rd bucket, hang and allow to drip dry for 6 to 12 hours before putting on racks.

1 Like

You definitely do NOT want to spray copper on anything you smoke. The copper is good for fungal problems on fruit because you rinse it before you eat it and do t smoke it. Not for anything you would smoke.

The good news is as the other mentioned, your plants look great for outdoor. And specifically there was no fungal problems in the pics to worry about.

1 Like

When I enlarge your pics, I see what looks like a bad spider mite infestation. Get Captain Jacks Deadbug in the concentrate form and mix it at 1.5 times regular rate. Spray them making sure to soak the bottom of leaves, that’s where they hide. Spray them every three days for two weeks. At lights out, hang a Hot Shot No Pest Strip in with them and turn all fans off, the vapor will kill what few the Jacks don’t. You can store the strip in a ziplock bag until you need it again. You’ll need to remove plants and sterilize the grow area with Hydrogen Peroxide and 91% alcohol, spray everything in the grow area and turn fans on to dry area. Then you can spray plants and return to grow space. Then get an IPM plan in place and check plants often. Good luck!

1 Like

I just saw you are outdoors, sooooooo spray them with Deadbug every three days. You can rotate with Captain Jacks pyrethrin concentrate mixed regular strength once they are under control.

2 Likes

I agree they look pretty good to me too…I’m outdoors so yeah…doing good! Agree with Growdoc looks exactly like spider mites…be diligent with your spraying…But it looks good so far…Keep us posted!!

2 Likes

@Growdoc
Great…thank you!!

1 Like

@AL_GREEN
Thanks so much

@Borderryan22
Oh no on the Neem Oil. I read somewhere on this forum to use it in rotation. :weary:
Thanks for the heads up. I agree on the big spider/web. He’s close but not too close. Win win for both of us :spider::spider_web: