I Want to produce seeds

Hi everyone.
Can i pollinate a Feminized before flowering and cause it to produce seeds? You see, I have a plant with pollen but the season is coming to an end in my area. I would love to pollenate my Feminized but shes only 4 weeks into vegetative. Is it possible to force flower then pollinate? My Feminized is indoor

3 Likes

You can do as you suggest, or you can harvest the pollen and use it when you are ready to pollenate your female plant.

4 Likes

Only a change in the light cycle will induce flowering. Less than 13ish hours of light will trigger the plant to transition and usually a 10-14 day period. Week 3 of flower is the peak period but I’ve pollinated them starting at week 1 of flower :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

They need to be in flower to make seeds, pollen has to be captured by the pistols to form seeds. @OGIncognito is spot on with timing!

4 Likes

So, what do i store the pollen in. Ive used a mason jar but that went bad

1 Like

I don’t know. I have never bred my own. Many of the more experienced growers have. I will tag a couple in that likely know.
@OGIncognito @Growdoc @Oldguy @Fiz @Myfriendis410 @DoneDeal
Many others but is a start.

5 Likes

Thanks for the tag @merlin44 :pray:
I’ve only got a small sample but I’ve got it in a small 1 g bag in a small mason jar with a desiccant puck inside in my freezer.
Haven’t tried it yet to see if it’s still viable tho.
:v:

3 Likes

@Oldguy @Rgriffi I will be watching this thread with interest. I may try to get some seeds from a landrace grow that I have planned for early next year.

2 Likes

Mix 50/50 with flour and store in a sealed container in the fridge.

2 Likes

From a given male plant…Is there good pollen and poor pollen? How do you tell the difference?

1 Like

I cut it with 25% corn starch and freeze it in a small vial :love_you_gesture:

6 Likes

How long do you sopose it’s good like this?

3 Likes

Probably the only way to know is to try it. Whether it’s any good is gonna take a while to grow out a plant lol.

5 Likes

If stored properly it can last years :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

Sorry, I never bred. Plants, I mean - I did have my own kids. :wink:

4 Likes