Color difference and foxtailing

Why is there such a difference 2 gdp autos around 8 or 9 weeks old and are these foxtailing?

1 Like

The ruderalis (autoflower) gene throws a little bit of variation in there. The plant on the left is displaying a “fall fade” and looks beautiful. The plant on the right looks just as gorgeous, but isn’t fading. Think of siblings. I’m tan, bald and skinny. My older brother, kinda like a big hairy marshmallow.

Your foxtailing is very, very early. It looks like you’re in your last couple weeks, and can probably back your lighting off a tad. This can help tame the foxtailing.

Good luck and happy growing!!!

6 Likes

These nevever got more than a foot and a half tall, i have much better luck with photos just thought I’d try autos once and get it out of my system thanks for response

I wonder why they stayed so short? I’ve done autos a couple times and they’ve almost gotten too tall. What was the strain and supplier of your seed? I wish I could find a strain that reliably grew short and compact like yours did, I’d plant them outside my house without worrying about anybody recognizing what they are!

Regarding the color difference, are you monitoring your runoff pH and PPM?

2 Likes

I’ve had a couple autos stop at 7" tall and produce about 7g. I’ve also had them get almost 5ft tall with 6½oz. Photos are the way to go if you want more assuredness of a better yield. I keep an auto or two going because of the quicker turn around, and it’s nearly impossible to interrupt their flower cycle.

2 Likes

Agree with photos. Autos are just to finicky, and unreliable. To difficult to grow for me. Ugliest plants I’ve grown have been autos. I got one going now that I’m pretty sure is autistic.

2 Likes

I have 3 gdp autos, they are 11 weeks of flower tomorrow. They all look different, one has foxtails, the others do not. 2 of them got tall, one did not. They still look weeks apart. I wouldnt worry too much.

2 Likes

Gdp and ilgm all ive done with these are check ph when feeding

Yah actually i dont really care what happens with these, only 2 out of 5 seeds made it (2 in pic) and as far as im concerned these 2 are pathetic, just wasn’t into them and didn’t research enough to know when and what needed to be done cause like you said to finicky, had 5 successful runs with photos, can you suggest a strain i might want to try next, i was going to order some gorilla glue.

Ive been running agromax afs 1830 led light at half power entire time, temp in tent got up to 84 degrees twice, just dropped down to 25% power

The real plant I grew before this pathetic auto was a gelato photo, and it was the best plant I’ve ever grown (I’m 64 and have grown a ton of plants). It had the best yield, densest buds, and best smell of any I’ve ever grown. And trouble free. Gotta Godfather OG photo going right now that’s looking pretty good right now, but it’s only 31 days old.

Looking good, I’ll check those strains out.

:laughing::laughing: perfect explanation Brother Ryan :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

You stalking me ?? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Bro, I’ve seen a shot or two of every other grower here lol. The generic, middle aged white guy is a pretty common look :rofl:

1 Like

:laughing::laughing::laughing: I resemble that remark :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Lol i epitomize that remark :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes