Are these “nanners”

I haven’t seen this before, is this plant going hermie? It’s an auto flower that was showing late stage pre flower on 10-28. I planned to give it 2 more weeks.

But then I see these weird things all over.

Well that’s extremely early to get nanners. But yes, they are nanners. :sob:

Dang, that’s no good.

I just looked and the breeder says 75-85 days from sprout to harvest. I just checked this one really good yesterday so all of that is within the last 24 hours. It’s also thrown some brown pistols since then as well.

So, this forces me to cut it down right? I have 2 others in the tent not doing this that are younger.

I have heard you should snip them off gently. :blush::v:

How many weeks of flower is this plant at?

Here’s some pictures of it, do you think I should harvest it now or toss it altogether? @Lostgirl

Take a picture of the whole plant for me. Also how many weeks of flower is she at???

I do not know, it’s an auto and I only mark down when I start to see bud sites forming, the little button sites which was on 10-28.

I was going to start checking at 8 weeks+ from that date as I’m told it’s 8-14 weeks of flower time, but I started checking earlier.

Absolutely. This last week I’ve been fighting her, she just wants to lay down from the weight of the colas. This morning it was much worse.

Is it the one in the front or the back?

The back, the one in the front is about 4 weeks behind this one.

Okay basically she’s 8 weeks… are all of the pistols (hair) turned dark already and curled back into the buds?

You got a major decision to make. And a very big gamble. Your plants very close to done but definitely could use a couple weeks more.

Seeing that many nanners pop overnight is not good. If you’re going to keep her in the tent understand this your jeopardizing the rest of the tent getting pollinated by the banners as well.

The first thing I would do is gently pull the first plant out of the tent and set it out of the way.

Then take your plant with the nanners gently out of the tent. Maybe even take her into the other room.

Use a magnifying glass and find every nanner and try to remove them by digging behind the nanner with a scalpel or sharp scissors. You don’t want to bust the nanner open or squeeze the nanner.

Before you remove anything when you find the nanners gently spray some water on them just in case they bust it will help prevent the spread of pollen.

Get all the nanners you can off and I mean inspect every bud.

I would wipe those two corners down with alcohol spray or something to clean where she was sitting. Put your smaller plant back in the back and keep her up front so you can inspect her two times a day for more nanners after removing these initial ones.

This will give you a day to make your mind up whether you want to chop her or not.

It’s very difficult to keep the other plants from getting pollinated. That’s your high risk

Your trichomes for the most part look all cloudy. I wish I had more positive insight for you but I don’t

I’d say your issue is more with the other plants that aren’t as far along. Your hermie plant probably won’t have enough time before harvest to really get loaded with seeds but the others are 4 wks behind? They’ll definitely catch some pollen if you’ve got fans going. Could you separate them? If you can first spray it with water to deactivate the pollen and keep it from floating about during the move.

Yesterday none of them were, today about 20 percent of them are.

Thank you for the very detailed information.

It sounds like I should take her down. I’d really like to see some of those trichromes darken but I believe as-is it should still be decent, at least I hope.

The other 2 are doing well, I’d hate for them to pollinate.

It’s a tough decision brother

Use a mini shop vac while removing the pollen sacs.
Wear ear plugs.
Count the nanners.
Seeds will take a couple of weeks, but will kill flower production.