Will fox tailing plants pistols turn orange?

I have two plants that have different types of foxtailing (had too many plants in the tent and they got too high and close to the lights).

My question is will the pistols eventually start to turn orange? I have others that are ready for harvest but these do not look close. Too bad too, some nice big colas on these.

2 Likes

Looks like you still have some time on it IMO!!

2 Likes

Rock em. You dont check trichs? Ive had a sour d cross foxtail real bad. It did the same it kept stacking bud n new pistils. Just watch trichs on her. I ended up cutting at 11weeks when the others were 9weeks but she was still spinning up towers n spitting pistils. I think this was genetics on mine cause there was no heat stress ot anything Smoke was pretty good. Ended up really bright green with orange not red hairs

2 Likes

Okay, thanks. They are sticky so I figure they will be pretty good even with some potency loss.

1 Like

Dont count loss of potency yet.
Watch them trichs let em cloud real good
Dont wait for amber trichs but id push her a bit longer.

1 Like

He’s correct. Watch the trichomes, not the pistols.
How far into flower are you?

1 Like

Pretty close to the end, 12 weeks right now.

They are still pretty sticky, white widow.

1 Like

Flowers are immense but all over the place. Funny looking!

12 weeks from start?
Are they photos or autos?
How many days since they first started showing pistols?

1 Like

Autos, I’d have to look in the journal but 1’d say 6 weeks anyway. The timeline on these autos was around 80 or 90 days.

First time I have had foxtails and the pistols are still white so I haven;t checked.

Looks to be ready to me, cloudy trichs.

I would wait for 3 more weeks u want them hairs to turn orange. And curl into the buds. R u looking at a sugar leaf them will turn earlier then the buds.

3 Likes

under a scope they are changing slowly to orange, the trichomes are mostly cloudy though. Remember that this is fox tailing badly so I wasn’t sure the pistols change the same. These are also autos.

1 Like

I’ve seen peoples autos go 14 weeks before maturing but it’s just my own opinion. Also in certain types of lights they could look cloudy. U could take a small bud and dry it for a couple days and smoke it. See how long the high lasts.

2 Likes

Pistils are pistils. If you had a plant that was about ready and then threw a few pistils late I’d suggest you disregard those few pistils. However, your buds are full of nothing but white pistils. Which 6 weeks into flower is a great thing. Throw whatever numbers are listed out the window and you’ll be in a lot better shape. Those plants easily have a few weeks left. When you start seeing the pistils recede then you can start checking your trichs.

6 Likes

I agree with dbrn32, let them go longer.
I’ll bet they fill in and get more dense in the next few weeks. If you harvested now the buds would be larfy.

5 Likes

Sounds like the plan then! The lesson is: don’t put too man plants in a small tent! haha

1 Like

Sounds like a plan guys, I have two others that are ready. Cut a bud off the Jack Herer last night and it was pretty good.

1 Like