White fungus growing at drain holes

First time seeing this white mold/fungus growing at the drain holes of my one gallon starters. Not salt buildup, flush every four feeds.I let the pots dry out prior to the feed. Grodan loose fill medium, GH 3 part plus Floraplus and Hygrozyme on the flushes.

2 Likes

First time seeing this white mold/fungus growing at the drain holes of my one gallon starters. Not salt buildup, flush every four feeds. I let the pots dry out prior to the feeds. Grodan loose fill medium, GH 3 part plus Floraplus and Hygrozyme on the flushes. Any thoughts/recommendations?

5 Likes

We cannot see the plant, so I am assuming it’s golden. Or you would have showed us…

Don’t worry about the fungus it is not a problem. That looks like Saprophytic fungi to me breaking down compost in your soil. Even if you see it pop up on the soil surface near the stems.

Put a drop of water on it. If it dissolves it’s a salt even if not “built up”, you always see some at the dry back. If it’s fungus it will stay and not rinse/dissolve away.

1 Like

@harvy
This is in rockwool?
Are you using any mycorrhizae products :thinking:

1 Like

Morning, yes the girls are doing fine. That pot is Glitter Bomb, the fungi are developing mostly at the drain holes. I have two types of pots currently, side and bottom drain holes. Doesn’t seam to matter both types have it so assuming that type fungi doesn’t need light to grow?

However I am seeing it develop on a few tops of the pots with the Triple Burger that is the other half of the room (60) girls total.

Water doesn’t dissolve it. I have tried Athena Cleanse 50/50 with a spray bottle. I believe that kills it, but not totally sure.

Thank you very much for your input!

1 Like

Morning, yes Rookwool mini cubes (loose fill)
Four feeds and a water flush/feed. PH 5.8 - 6.2 on all of them.

On the feed (after the water flush) we add Hygrozyme plus Great White.

Thank you for your input!

1 Like

Just relax stop jerking off in the water man, I know u excited but. In time. If you add Lil urine heard helps natural anti-bodies. Dunno

That you RHarris?

2 Likes

Being aggressive again I see, what happened to stopping mentioning me or haven’t you bullied enough yet!

Typical poster tries to act nice, underneath wants to get at anyone they don’t like!