What's causing this?

My plant was health until yesterday. This is what it looks like now. Indoor grow under a cheap Lowes LED grow light. Plenty of space between the light and the plant. Unknown strain, seeds were giving to me. It sprouted June 28th. Hope the pictures work.

1 Like

You will need to fill out a support ticket so it is known what you have been doing.

This link explains it:
Support Ticket Instructions

Have you fed it any fertilizers? That reminds me of when i was using Miracle-Gro on my tomato plants…

Indoor or outdoor? - size of grow? Indoor 4x4
2. Otigin of seeds? Dont know. Seeds were given to me.
3. Regular, feminized, or autoflower? Regular
4. Origin of water. PH, EC/TDS of source water? Well water.
5. PH and TDS/EC of if mixed solution? Fox farm ocean forest.
6. Grow method? Soil, Soil-less, Coco, Hydro, Aquaponics. Please explain. Fox farm ocean forest.
7. Nutrients or fertilizer system used. I put about 5ml of recharge near the stem a few weeks ago.
8. What typr of lighting are you using? LED, HID (MH, CMH, HPS), or Fluorescents? Please elaborate. Led
9. What are the temps in your growspce? Day / Night? 70*
10. What is the RH = relative humidity in your growspace? Day / Night? Dont know.
11. AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier? AC
12. Do you have a Ventilation system? Size? 4", 6"? No, open room.
13. Co2 Yes / No? No
14. How long have you been growing? This is my 5th plant. 8 months
15. What budget have you set in order to grow successfully? None
16. If you grow hydro, then please explain your hydro method. DWC, R-DWC, Ebb and Flow, Or; Other? Other?

16b. Size and temperature of solution in reservoir?

I only put 5ml of recharge around the stem of the plant 2 weeks ago.

1 Like

I flushed the plant really good last night. Will do it again today.

Do you have a picture of the whole plant? This will be very helpful.
What is your pH and EC/ppm? Dont start flushing until you know what they are.
I dont see anything mentioned about runoff numbers. Your pH is probably way off. Ill bet your up to 7.9 pH … its in lock out. Your probably going to need to flush it or even transplant it if its wsy out. Which by the pictures you are. Do you have a pH/TDS meter?
If you keep flushing every day your in danger of overwatering. Flush it one good time with 15 gallons of pHed water. It might just need a transplant. Those leaves are toast.

1 Like

Did you mix that 5ml with water before putting it around the stalk @FUKAZ28

1 Like

Sorry but I dont have any of the tools you mentioned. Can you recommend what you like/use? Thanks for the help.

1 Like

Yes buddy, no problem… i was first using the cheap $30.00 pH meters but they drift off of accuracy after a month. Very undependable. Junk! You can buy a cheap TDS meter but i got the Apera Gro-Pro series GS4 its expensive but it is very dependable and accuracy never drifts with these. I got it off Amazon.

1 Like

It will save your plant. Its important to use a quality pH meter.

It was mixed half strenght with a whole gallon of water.
Thanks for the help

1 Like

Thanks Marty. Im gonna order it. I appreciate the help man. This community is awesome. I let the plant sit outside yesterday for a while after flushing it. It seems to look a little better but that may be hopeful thinking. Gonna get this PH meter and see if I can save it. You think its worth saving?

1 Like

1 Like

If its a photoperiod its definitely worth saving. If its an auto i wouldn’t even consider it…
It will recover in a few weeks once you get everything in the root zone corrected.

It is a photoperiod for sure. Ill keep my fingers crossed and see what happens. Do I let the damaged leaves fall off on their own or clip them?

1 Like

You can just tug on them with your fingers and if they are toast they will pull right off. I have a Brussel Sprout plant growing outdoors this year and once its done with its lower leaves they pull right off. They turn yellow then i tug on them and pop, off they go…

Sounds good. Thanks for the advise man.
This morning the plant has perked back up. No more sagging branches. Now I wonder how do I start feeding it? Im sure a very low dose? I have streive part a and b., fox farm 4 bottles system and recharge.

Yep, until you get a good meter where you can check the run off PPMs your just going to have to go slow. Feed under half strength even, until you get a proper meter and you want 1000 ppm in the run off water that comes out of the bottom of the pot. Feed every other watering in small doses until then. This way you wont hurt the plant. It’s even more important to regulate the pH of the water. Its probably that your pH is so out of range thats causing your plant to do this.

2 Likes