Uffda #2 When the snow blows, I grows

I reckon it is time to pull on my big boy pants and start my own grow journal. I am actually beginning flower at this point,

My grow consists of 1) 3x3 ac infinity with 6" inline fan and ac infinity s33 ionboard led
plus
1) 2.5x5 vivosun with 4" inline fan and one sf-100 and one sf-200 led

The two tents are linked with duct. ventilation is routed from bottom of vivosun through opposite top with 4" fan to bottom of ac infinity and out opposite top with 6" draw.
The larger tent is currently operated as a lung room for maintaining. The larger tent is also where I am growing a tomato, a pepper, and a few herbs. The second tent houses my girls. I have one photo going that is my recipient of various forms of torture, inspired by @kaptain 3d.

I am working on providing a stable environment. I just purchased the ac infinity controller 69 pro. The girls are now at a cozy Temp of 75.6, Humidity of 60.8%, VPD of 1.19

{L} RQS Orion F1, {R} RQS Milky Way

Humboldt Seeds Halla Jelly {aka the Masochist}

18 Likes

They are looking :eyes: great :blush::v:

2 Likes

Thank you@Flitme

I am psyched! This is my first indoor grow. I have been concerned about getting the environment dialed in. I have had no way of accurately maintaining the humidity in balance with temperature; too hot and dry followed by too humid.

I finally sprung for the controller and installed it last weekend. Much improved results as opposed to merely guessing. I now was able to control fan speed for cooling based on temperature and make timing of lighting much easier.

I was still unable to fine tune the humidity, resorting to running the 1 gal humidifier every few hours, every day. It was getting a little old, if you know what I am saying. However, I did notice that every time, I ran the humidifier. the temperature dropped. It was then that I figured out that at about 76F and about 60%, VPD was optimal!!! Now I had a plan! AC Infinity has a plug in outlet than is connected to the controller that will activate the humidifier in response to a set VPD {about 1.4 units). Got my delivery today, got it hooked up. The tent is much more stable.

Ironic, that ACI just finally released their humidifier, after I ordered and set up everything else. Uff-da!

5 Likes

I do believe you are setting yourself up for success. Good luck and happy Growing :blush::v:

As long as I do better than my first outdoor grow, which could be graded a C+

2 Likes

I don’t even want to think about my first attempt to grow. I planted a random seed and it germinated and sprouted real fast. It grew straight up and got almost 3’ tall. I kept waiting for it to flower :cherry_blossom:. I was so not informed I didn’t know it was a male and would never flower. I have come a long way since then. And I owe it to ILGM. :v::v:

3 Likes

Congrats on the journal and getting your garden environment in check! Looking good :+1:

3 Likes

I started with the Bakers Mix from ILGM. I ordered it on May 1st, the same day that Mn passed legalization of recreational usage. I started 6 girls in the basement under a small LED that I bought at Hom e Depot. I had some trouble with GSC, while decanting the water from the presoak, I managed to also decant one seed :upside_down_face: The second attempt was a dud. The third attempt, my wife saw a pint jelly jar in the corner and emptied it in the sink :confounded: The fourth and final time, success :sparkler: :firecracker: :fireworks:

I grew my six happy little girls for a month in the basement. In my neck of the woods, nothing goes in the ground until after Mothers Day. Three of the plants were given to a friend to grow and I planted mine, on Memorial Day, in 5 gallon fabric pots in a sunny spot. My mistake was not recognizing that equinox occurs in mid-September, leaving 8-10 weeks for flower. H’mmmm, that means harvest in late Nov-Dec. I harvested a week before Halloween, I do get an OK buzz, no where near where I want. I needed a second chance and here we go.

4 Likes

Thanks @Thumper My mother’s petname was Thumper. Everytime I see your sign-in, I get a warm fuzzy.

4 Likes

Every grow will get better with fewer problems. I am anxious to follow along your journey :v::blush:

2 Likes

That’s :sunglasses: cool! Been Thumper since a lil boy! My last name means rabbit in German.

At least it isn’t German for tree :rofl:

2 Likes

I meant to show my setup and zoned out. On left is the 5x2.5. You can see the duct leading to the 3x3. Ventilation enters the lower left and exits, with the assist of a 4" inline fan through duct to lower left of 3x3 and finally exits, with assist of 6" fan w/ carbon filter into basement airspace.

In the larger tent, it is pretty stark at present. For the winter, I have a few herbs, one tomato seedlng, and just up today…the long awaited Poblano seedling. This is my third try to germinate the stupid thing. I actually collected some bell pepper seed from cooking last night. We shall see.

Teeny tiny peppers

Sun burned tomato

Cilantro, Rosemary, Thyme

Meanwhile, in the 3x3. The Orion and Milky Way got a little gentle LST,…and the Halla Jelly received more abuse

6 Likes

Thank you for saying uffda. It makes me happy.

Ya Shur, Ya Betcha

YAY!!! Ahh the sounds of home

1 Like

I am waiting for the inevitable question. Don’t you come from the garden spot of the Midwest?

I’m originally from CrowWing area

Burnsville, where the northern lights never shine.

Come on back, the weather’s fine

2 Likes

Wishing you peace, love, and joy this holiday season,

2 Likes