Super silver haze. First time grower

Looking for some help, our leaves have this yellow on the edges and we can’t figure out why. This is Super Silver Haze about 7 weeks along. 22-27”

Hmmm how are you feeding her? How often? What nutes? Calmag supplements?

How often do u water?

And do u check for pH?

Heck support ticket time. Ill brb

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?
System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor
Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you smile

1 Like

I agree with purple and gold more information would be great but one thing comes to mind looking at the pictures the plants are stretching for light maybe not enough light maybe the distance on your light. . Good luck

2 Likes

Those are the happiest stretchy plants I’ve ever seen. I agree with both above, needs more light to stop the stretching, and maybe a calcium deficiency, but we need more info on what and how you’re feeding. Do your buckets have holes in them for drainage? They don’t like standing water in the bottom. Other than that, they look pretty healthy. Just some small tweaks needed I bet.

edit: I’m just thinking about what they’d look like if they were outside in the sun once those side shoots take off :star_struck:

edit 2: Go ahead and fill the buckets to the top with soil. More roots = more fruits!

4 Likes

First off: y’all are the BEST! This forum is awesome! No nutrients/feeding it’s my first grown. Basic red light, added calcium supplement about a week ago. I will add holes to the bottom of the buckets and add soil to fill to the top.

We were using bottled water :grimacing: now we have switched to rain water (better ph here in rain than tap)

Also is “stretchy” bad? I’ll move the light down closer to them, I was afraid the yellow was from the light being too close. I’ll keep ya posted with pics of the grow! Anyone grow SSH before?!

2 Likes

Thanks over all your plants don’t look bad just need to get more light and you will see a huge difference. Lots of good people and knowledge here to help you. Have fun with your grow.

@daz49 grew some SSH, he might be able to give you some pointers. Can you be more specific about the light? If you have an option for blue and red, turn both on, and that will help with the stretching, too. Long internodal spacing isn’t a huge deal, really, if you have the space for the height. The problem is with indoor grows the lighting is nothing like the intensity of the sun, and once you have a thicker canopy, it’ll block most of the light to the lower branches. Keeping the lighting closer to the plant when it’s younger will reduce the spacing between nodes, making a more bushy, shorter plant. You could also use topping or training techniques to control the height. All that said, if you have plenty of light and space, what you might be able to do at this point is gently bend the plant over and tie it down to something, so that all the branches are more even and can all get the same light.

2 Likes

Have a look:
low-stress-training-lst-marijuana-weed-cannabis-600x317
Also, there is a great article here:

2 Likes

Bend her over get more buds 29324

1 Like

Hey guys! Just checking in. The light we are using is a HPS light. There is no blue/red/white options anymore. These photos were taken today, I am currently doing 18:6 for light and not 100% sure when I should start 12:12. Let me know when you would start 12:12 for these ladies!!!

2 Likes

Lumateck ballast with a high pressure sodium bulb. Is what we are using for our light currently

1 Like

They look ready whenever you are. The main factor is height. It’s hard to anticipate if you’re new to growing or new to the particular strain, but they will stretch anywhere from 50% to even 300% once they begin flowering. They’re trying to get up there and catch all the male pollen they can (in nature). If you can gradually lower your light some, it may help them stretch less. But be careful not to get too low and burn them.

1 Like

With the light I am using, I can not lower it any more. We have had some burning on our leafs in the past. Hoping to go 12/12 soon this weekend!

1 Like

Have u flipped your light timers? I was just looking thru and saw this. U should be having a pistil party!!!

Yes, we have switched our lights to 12:12 it’s been exactly 1 week. Dark time right now so I can’t get an updated pic, but I’ll update in the morning!
Thanks for checking in!!!

Yay! Im set to watching n looking forward to progress reports

Here’s an update!

Pistils everywhere!

5 Likes

Your plants are looking good, @linds.

Super Silver Haze is one of my favorites, both to grow and use :+1:

Wonderful smells and flavors and not difficult to grow.

1 Like

Thanks @merlin44 can’t wait to see what these next few weeks have in store! These ladies already smell AMAZING! Can’t wait to see how they taste :yum:

1 Like

I failed to mention that my newest grow (just a few weeks old) has a couple of Super Silver Haze. My current grow (link below) has one Super Lemon Haze. I really like the Haze derivatives.