Pros and cons of supper cropping in flower? Processing: 20220211_215648.jpg…
The stretch is real. 15ish inches in ten days .
your pic didn’t download. Wait til is 100%, then click.
I can’t speak for everyone, but I will say that I have a big plant in flower that was stretching a bit too much, and I super cropped 4 branches on it. Each has responded with much larger flowers than the branches that I did not super crop
Edit, this plant was at the very early stages of flower when this happened, maybe 2 or 3 weeks in
Wowza. ![]()
Scary how much it looks like I know what I’m doing ![]()
I’ve had the same experience as @DrWatson420 after super cropping. Much fatter, dense colas on the super cropped branches. If you don’t use a net or tie them down somehow afterwards, they will stand back up almost all the way on you.
This is my first grow, so after I broke them the first time, I was basically terrified for about a week that I ruined them. So I didn’t want to tie them down and stress them out. Now the branches are too thick
. Lesson learned ![]()
Super cropping is sometimes just what has to be done when it needs done no matter what stage their in.
I super crop up to the fourth week of flowering. Every time, the colas on the super cropped branches ended up bigger and fatter than the rest. I do it at night when the plant is not holding as much water. They are more droopy and easier to bend without breaking. I do most of my lst at night also.
I know that feeling. Obviously you know enough to raise these healthy girls
I’m certainly no expert, and again, this is my first grow, but I did my homework. I read and researched as much as I could, and finally got everything together and went for it. Definitely been a gratifying experience, but I haven’t crossed the finish line yet
So @Lawnfarmer did you end up super cropping your plants? Can’t leave us in suspense like this…![]()
I haven’t im chicken, she is so happy standing tall. And if i bend her over she will block the others
I recommend trying at least one branch, just for the experience, and to see the difference for yourself. Hell, take one of your smaller branches and try it, really nothing to lose right? Of course, they are your plants, and you do what you’re comfortable with, but after seeing the results on my own, I’m a big believer in it now. Ive got a small photo that I’ve been training for a couple months, and I’ve super cropped every one of her branches now, and will continue to do so throughout the rest of her life. I’m hoping to make a monster. ![]()
Ok i did it now i wont be able to sleep. Fingers crossed
she can take
it
So how did the bend work out? @Lawnfarmer
I also crop as needed in flower and alot leading up to it.
Big supercrop fan ![]()
There still cooking but i can say im a fan


