Spiderfarm any good?

I like my SF’s just great. I don’t see buying anything different until I can’t run them anymore. :ok_hand: by me!

4 Likes

My Growmie uses SF 4000 in a 5x5 it’s a little small with just one in the 5x5 so I would definitely get two if your going with 4x8. This is some of his bud he just grew

10 Likes

Man too bad ur not in mich. A guy on fb marketplace has 5 of these for 400 each 3 being brand new 2 being used for 1 grow. Says swiched styles of lights. Went thru several types before they found what worked best for their setup. Lol. Dude had some nice lights but only sf left

9 Likes

I’ve been periodically defoliating when needed. Could that cause it to hermi?

1 Like

I think I’ve heard just about everything being blamed for a herm, so the short answer is YES…LONG ANSWER I don’t think there’s a way to know 4sure what all will cause it. Hermies are just one of those things that happens from time to time personally I think it’s DNA/genetics kinda like deformities in people who knows when or how it happens but sometimes it’s blamed on someone who drinks or smoked during pregnancy but what about the thousands born back in the day before drinking n smoking wasn’t a bad thing :thinking::wink:

1 Like

I use 4 Sf2000 in my 4x8. These are awesome lights that get the job done. I started with spider farmer as a new grower over a year ago and have no regrets. First grow pic.

6 Likes

They’re good. But not as good as HLG.and HLG has deals right now, cheap.
https://ilgmforum.com/t/budz-led-comparison-hlg-infinity-vs-sf2000

1 Like

I didn’t meant to talk anyone down, i just wanted to point out the Epistar weakness that no one so far pointed out in lots of light discussions here…

I believe if a 500usd fixture fails prematurely because the manufacturer decided to cut costs by using cheaper parts, and never warned their customers about it, then it’s a 500 usd ambush…

Even the best of them fail at some point anyways, but you don’t see the reliable high quality brands cutting costs on diodes…

Having great diodes mixed with average diodes is not a good way to do it, i think…
That’s all…

Ill take down the previous post about it if its better that way
No problem :muscle::muscle:

This is week 5 flower from a spiderfarmer SF1000 in a small tent. It gets the job done and isn’t super hot.

5 Likes

The debate goes on and on. I believe it is all a matter of preference even when their are measures or data that shows one better then another.

If you can fill your tent with quality buds using the LED you have, you are happy. That is the most important result.

Your grow is looking pretty sporty.

I am looking forward to my small grow using SF LED.

Happy growing.

8 Likes

This is what I addressed. This is a matter of opinion at this point for me.

It would nice for people to stay on topic and not attempt to inject their alternative views in regard to and looking to compete with the original topic. This topic is about “Spider Farmer”, as proven by the suthor’s title. Let’s respect that. It is not a, “What LED, do you think is best?” topic. I apologize for the rant. Peace

1 Like

Um. We had already spoken since this event twice… why you would bring this up now is beyond me. A month and six days later. But just to be clear. At ppfd per w. HLG wins. It provides more photosynthetic energy per watt used than spider farmer. I costs under $1 per watt to purchase said amount of light from HLG with the way I linked. While it costs $299 to purchase only 250 watts of spider farmer light. These ARE NOT OPINIONS. These are FACTS. I have these lights. I’ve run these tests. They even back me up on their own ads. I just re afirfmed what the ads said in all reality. That’s what’s funny. These numbers are openly out there for anyone to see already. They just have to look hard enough. I just thought I might be able to bring them to face. Since the community at large misses it. And I don’t think that is fair.

Don’t yell at me for bringing the numbers into competition. When they already are. They are both advertising on the same markets. Am I not allowed to compile it?

2 Likes

We are trying to ralk about SF.

HLG is ,emtiomed in ,amy places. If a member wants to talk about a certain brand in their own topic; Do they not have the right to do so?

I will agree, that your post was a few weeks ago. I got a notification from this topic, and sae your conflicting link.

Happy growing.

I love both companies… I truly do. Just bang per buck. Is all I’m trying to share…

All the above pictures are a plant grown under a sf2000. It is a fantastic light, and I mean that. I chose it for my first light. I was not dissappointed. It’s just not a second light imo…

Anyone who does their homework would share that opinion. Making it a fact.

2 Likes

SF2000 2x4 tent, Kandy Kush (left), Girl Scout Cookies (right), 29 days into flower

I’m satisfied. That said, I think for next grow I will add an SF1000 since there’s room for it, and it will provide more coverage to the edges of the tent

4 Likes

I have a 4000 spider farmer. Gets the job done. I do run a small fan blowing on the top of it as I feel it tends to run hotter then my hlg.

1 Like

I have two sf2000 and one sf7000 and they grow weed just fine and I think that’s the goal…

5 Likes

I’ve got 3- 4000’s and 2- 2000’s and the do just fine. I’m happy with them.

4 Likes

Very nice grow, BTW. did you actually mean, FAQ?

No. I mean you literally get more photosynthetic photon flux density per money spent. More light per $.

It’s like buying a 100cfm fan for same price as a 140cfm fan that uses less electricity and is quieter… cough*