Something is on my leaves and buds, EATING!

Hello all, so I am in about week 6 1/2 or seven on an outdoor grow and I’m noticing that something is eating through stems and I just took a micro picture and it looks as though there’s some little black egg balls at the bend of the stem, and under my microscope, they almost appeared to be moving? If anybody knows what this is and can give me a solution on what I could actually spray on my plants or buds without changing the taste of the buds or destroying the plant please reply as soon as possible. Thank you.

Capt Jacks Deadbug

Hi Midwest, I have actually spoke with my brother that’s down in Florida and swears by it. I have a DORKIS roommate that has been growing over the past 30-40 years, and he wants to spray leaves with dawn and alcohol! I tried to explain IT WONT KILL what’s in the buds! Would that product change the taste of the buds?

I’ve never heard that taste is affected and we have a number of growers in the forum that use the product. Deadbug is a spinosad product that is fine to use during flowering. Spinosad products are authorized for use in organic products. That said, a bud wash is always a good idea. Trichomes are very sticky and attract all kinds of contaminants, even on indoor grows.

1 Like

@Internetmaster2u , that is a stink bug. Pyrethrums are considered the best for them in general ag. I would pass on that personally.

They are super responsive to light. The f up my raspberries every year and I catch them with a 2 liter bottle trap and a lil led push light. Fills up in a couple nights and no more stink bugs. It is worth a try. Captain jacks you would have to actively spray the bug to get him. The light is passive and goes all night.

Here’s a quick link on YouTube for a DIY. This link is crazy long, but it works.
https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&sca_esv=014209e1236899ec&hl=en-us&q=stink+bug+traps+diy&tbm=vid&source=lnms&fbs=AEQNm0BttMAYK3zfKuhWMlJUaX3cvDtlSecvyvHP-m03X7HLDorxHq__k1r6jSUbIKwSw-obr4Wa5YBzh2lVfbpsYgu4BGFIjb-mctqPmey6MNANB2IFURIxZRbnNAVFWq69VnKATxyLewXBqAd6-DDkUERusLqS9hrO7AztHrHdGKKjA-NuJKMyMDAEFjot_ykmepyNoGPuHiLg0niWGh5Na0UUcQKc3g&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwic9O3tn4eHAxXwAjQIHeNXBPgQ0pQJegQIDxAB&biw=414&bih=714&dpr=2#fpstate=ive&ip=1&vld=cid:4ab71434,vid:zKc5acECuQk,st:0

1 Like

We have wild raspberries at the golf course. They are always ready the 2nd or 3rd week of June each year. It’s blast to pick and eat them.

1 Like

I love picking berries. If you grow enough kinds something is always ripe. Raspberries, blueberries, gooseberries, blackberries, currents, and elder berries. Yum

3 Likes

Def a stink bug! Good tips!

1 Like

Ok group, I have some more pics for you and these popped up since yesterday! PLEASE IDENTIFY! Thank you

Those look like stink bug eggs. Did an experiment with my granddaughter with their eggs :laughing:

1 Like

Here they are on my window AS they hatched

1 Like

Eww. I h8 bugs.

1 Like