I grow in a mostly soilless medium using Promix Bx amended with perlite, a small amount of FFHF, and Recharge (2 tsp per 5 gallon pot).
Throughout the grow, I continue to add microbes: AN’s Root Trio at the start of each stage, Recharge between feedings, and Mammoth P in bloom.
To feed my medium and microbes, I use Earth Juice’s Original 5, bubbling it for 24-40 hours before using it. I also use a few NFTG products as Calcium additives, depending on stage of growth. I add AN’s Nirvana midbloom. Everything I use is considered organic.
I’ve used this system in 3 grows, now. The first time, I chased my pH, not really trusting those wonderful microbes. Now, I know better. As long as I keep the medium’s pH between 6.2-7, I have no worries; keeping my input at about 6.4 results in a fairly consistent medium pH of 6.6-6.8, all the way through to harvest. Typically, during veg my nute mixture has a natural pH of 6.2, so I let it be, but water with pH 6.4 adjusted well water. During bloom, the natural pH stays fairly low (4.5ish), so I adjust the pH up to 6.4.
Thank you for taking the time to add this!! I am only getting more complex as I go. I to, have been chasing my ph ever since I went into flower. Ffof, I go in at 6.7 to 6.9 and every time it comes out at 6.2 to 6.1. I’m right on the verge of being to low but plants, to my newbie eye, look great. Thanks again!!
Great thoughts, but no need to test or prove it, as the science is clearly established. People just ignore the range and get stuck on this unnatural exactness.
To be honest, I only used it because I sent away for the free sample. I can’t say I noticed a huge difference, but then again, I already use a hefty microbe regimen in my grows.
I don’t think I will buy it for my gardens. I will absolutely stick with AN’s Root Trio and Real Grower’s Recharge, unless I find other products that work even better for my current grow style.
Great Thread @imSICKkid
Been using FFnutes, using up some of my leftovers from last grow but looking to add something to the arsenal and hopefully reduce/eliminate the mixing ritual.
Have a sample of Mega Crop that I just started using so I cant comment on it too much.
Anyone using MG, and if so what are your thoughts on it.
I am seriously considering a whole house water filtration system/RO system in the very near future.
Would welcome some suggestions on that front as I am just starting to look into it.
It drops my tap from >300 PPM down to 7 PPM! I was stunned to be honest. I run it from a utility sink in my basement to a refill reservoir and the control res. (I put in valves to send to one or both of them). This required you buy a one way valve and and float valve, but works fantastic.
Hate to admit it, but I actually like the “mixing ritual.” Is this bad? Should I seek professional help?
Seriously, I love the dedicated RO system for my hydro and use water from the refill res for mother plants in Pro-mix HP. I have another RO system for home use in the kitchen.
Thank you, that’s a nice little unit and the price point is definitely do-able. Would this be big enough for a whole house system, I anticipate one would go through lots more filters that way. I would love to have one in the basement but also would be nice if I could hook up the kitch sink & ref. and bathroom sinks.
Maybe multiple units or one larger one?! Regardless, thanks again I’m really looking forward to this
First one…Probably, what nute line are you using and how much are you mixing?
Second one…wouldn’t be a bad idea Just tag some people on the forum, they’ll be able to help you out.
Hi @BobbyDigital, you can, you simply have to create a small “cavity” in the center of your 5 gal. pot and “Line” it with your seed starter medium. I did approx 1± gallon cavity and put the seedling directly from cup into 5 gal pot. Take a look at @zparkie2 thread, Chemdawg Skywalker… post 78. he’s got some good pictures that inspired me to try it. Watering is the tricky part, dont water to run off.
My last grow I placed seedling (just hatched) into FFOF and I’m sure that did not help, this second time around has been much better right off the bat.
The difference with this RO system is it does not have a bladder tank or faucet to provide water on demand. It works very well, but for house hold use you need the tank. They can be purchased separately.
As for nutrient schedule this is the one I usually use for Pro-Mix HP. I adjust is based on what I am seeing in my plants.
Thanks Reticence, I was reading up on it on amZon, its a cool unit, I have to figure out logistics.
A whole house system would be cool though I dont necessarily need the toilet water to be filtered per se (unfortunately my dog does not drink from there ), I need to do further research.