New to growing, 1st timer

Well your brain has more gray matter than mine! I actually started school to be an engineer but heat transfer took the gusto out of that dream very quickly. I have done some tutoring over the years but they don’t make students derive equations any more. Just plug and crunch in an app now.

1 Like

I know I’m thinking way ahead but trying to get everything needed for in the future as well. I already ordered my WeDryer S1 and I ordered the Boreal Seed auto burping curing setup. I’ve seen plenty in the forums here about the WeDryer so I think I’ll definitely like it when it’s time to harvest later. Not sure anyone here has used the Boreal Seeds auto burping curing setup but I found other forums with it and seems like the ticket for curing. The process behind it make total sense to me and I think will work very well and I can see the perks of using the system vs the common Mason jar manually burning way. I’ll post pics of the Boreal Seeds curing setup when it arrives if anyone is interested in seeing it?

2 Likes

@Graysin :flushed::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

A lot of folks here are using Grove Bags. It seems like the catch is you have to be patient with the drying process and can’t throw em in prematurely, otherwise you end up back to burping.

@Graysin You should check out the Boreal Seeds auto burping i ordered . Comes with 6 containers that supposed to hold up to 1/2 lb per container which im sure will be more then plenty for what ill be growing. It automatically burps the containers without opening lids.

1 Like

Grove Bags don’t need any burping at all. Check em out.

2 Likes

Been burp free for two harvests now. Grove Bags, get em.

3 Likes

@Graysin @Audiofreak I just oredered some Grove bags. I’ll give them a try to along with the Boreal Curing I oredered. I read your thread Audiofreak on the bags, sounds good and like I need to pick up a moisture meter from lowes to check buds with.

2 Likes

So do you all run your inline fans right from the start when seeding and do you run them 24/7 regardless whether the lights are on or not ?

2 Likes

That’s my approach. Fans went on just high enough to maintain negative pressure in the tent and get cranked up as needed.

1 Like

Yes I do plus 2x 6" osolators above and below net.

So I should start running inline fan when I start germinating my seeds then @Audiofreak @Graysin I also have 2 6" fans in my tent too. Asking because my fan etc just shipped out today so I was wondering if I should wait till it gets here before starting seed germinating…

1 Like

No need. Your seeds are going to be too little to consume all the CO2 in the air before the fan arrives, I’m sure. The point of the inline fan is to cycle out the expended air and get some fresh air into the tent. The seedlings aren’t going to consume anything til they break ground, and even then most people keep them under a humidity dome until they grow the first set of real leaves because plants absorb the water through their leaves til the roots develop.

Long story short, even seedlings with 1-3 sets of leaves won’t need the kind of air exchange your inline fan provides, unless you’re planning on popping a TON of seedlings (didnt sound like it though).

2 Likes

@Graysin Ok cool, that’s what I was looking to know, so I can start my seeds now and fan etc will be here in 7 days so I will be good to go :+1:Hell I don’t even need to turn the light in really from what I’ve read other then it might warm the soil a lil to help germination

1 Like

Yep. I leave my seeds in darkness on a cheap seedling heat mat til they pop up out of my cube, then flip on a little light (like 30w) and let em chug away til they’re big enough to pop into their forever homes.

@Graysin ok now when I put my medium in the planters do I want to pack it down at all or just put it in , level it a lil and leave it. I’m planting my seeds straight into the 3 gallon planters. Also I don’t have a heating mat . It’s 68 in the tent right now so should i have my light come on for just enough to warm the tent a lil bit each day?

My approach has been to add the soil and just leave it. After the first watering, it’ll shift and settle out. You may have room to add more to the top if you want afterward. No reason to pack it, IMO extra air/space in the pot is more room for roots to grow and breathe.

Honestly I have set my seeds on top of my HLG heat sink with the lights on. They generate plenty of heat to warm the seeds right up and don’t blast the seedlings with light

There are a lot of schools of thought but generally speaking it’s my understanding that seeds and roots don’t like light. It makes sense - they’re supposed to be underground, where it’s warm and dark. So I try to emulate that - warm and dark. If you can put the seeds in a lightproof container and set them in the tent with lights on for warmth, that works too.

1 Like

@Graysin i also have a small heater with digital temp settings that I could put in the temp and set it to hold a certain temp so they are in total darkness…what temp should I set it too 75?

1 Like

That should work. Google says between 68 and 80°. 75° sounds like a nice happy in between.

1 Like