Neem oil.. someone said it makes plants toxic after flowering

when should I stop using neem oil?

I wouldn’t want it on my buds so before flower I would stop

2 Likes

You could probably get away with using it a couple weeks into flower but personally I wouldn’t use it after seeing the first pistils… I know of two people who ended up in the hospital after smoking weed with neem oil on it one of them was in the icu for a week on a ventilator

3 Likes

if I do a bud wash will that work? I was told I could use neem until 3 weeks before harvest…

1 Like

A wash would definitely help. I don’t use a lot of neem so I don’t know how much of a residue it leaves behind so I’m really not alot of help with this one. I think if you use lemon juice in the wash it should make it good but I really don’t know 4sure

3 Likes

Wtf. That’s heavy. So neem oil will murder you

1 Like

This is gonna mess with all the hundreds of thousands of people around the world that use Neem oil on all their plants when they find out it put your friends into the ICU.

1 Like

When used in small infrequent doses neem oil is relatively safe. Use on flowering cannabis is typically frowned upon because its known to change the taste/flavor of the finished product. However, there are documented cases of allergic reactions and respiratory illness associated neem oil and improper usage.

8 Likes

I wouldn’t want to use it on anything I’ma eat or ingest. Kills fire ants great though😉

6 Likes

Neem oil is absorbed by the flowers, hence it not being recommended for use during flower. It doesn’t wash out of the flower. It washes off the surface, but not the inside. A lot of people recommend Jack’s for use on flowers.

5 Likes

@Siiicko there’s your answer.

2 Likes

Wasn’t this question answered in another post just last night?
I know I remember reading about it - in fact, I believe @Myfriendis410 was the one who broke the news to the poster…hmmmm…
BTW - the earth is round. Google it!

3 Likes

Yes; this is a redundant post. I already answered for the OP.

5 Likes

We get multiple topics on the same subject matter asked 24/7. :joy:

3 Likes

Yes - I was kinda trying to make a point. LOL!

1 Like

my first post was about a bug issue. this is a separate topic about the use of neem after flower. You did tell me my whole crop is ruin and unusable so I was just opening the discussion to community to see if someone out there had a remedy for maybe removing the oil to make it usable. All information counts I believe.

nah first was about a nat/bug issue. this topic is about the use of neem once in flower.

The problem with Neem oil is it migrates into the flower and gives it the same flavor as the Neem oil. I’m sure you have smelled it and it’s nothing you want in your lungs. Washing won’t remove it. Maybe edibles as it does break down but I don’t know the health hazards.

1 Like

Google is the last place I look for information. Not only is it censored, but it’s algorithm is meant to hide the truth.

Also, not everyone thinks the earth is round. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

I wasn’t making a dig as you at all. I’m actually nice. But you will see the same questions asked on the same thing a ton of times over and over the longer you are here. :+1:

I get its easier to start a new topic. I prefer to keep it all in the same journal now as its easy to tag for help. :+1:

2 Likes