My first setup. Need any advice on tent setup

Hello, newbie grower needing advice on the best way to setup a tent. Below is what I bought. Any advice much appreciated!

Tent:
VIVOSUN 36"x36"x72" Hydroponic Mylar Grow Tent with Observation Window and Floor Tray for Indoor Growing - 3’ x 3

VIVOSUN Ventilation Kit 4 Inch 190 CFM Inline Fan with Speed Controller, 4 Inch Carbon Filter and 8 Feet of Ducting for Grow Tent

VIVOSUN 5-Pack 5 Gallon Grow Bags Heavy Duty 300G Thickened Nonwoven Plant Fabric Pots with Handles.

Lights: I have two lights I could use for this setup. Which one to use, or both?

Sun System 150w Grow Light fixture
Or
MARS HYDRO TS 600W LED Grow Light 2x2ft Coverage Sunlike Full Spectrum Grow Lamp Plants Growing for Hydroponic Indoor Seeding Veg and Bloom Greenhouse Growing Light Fixtures Four for 4x4 Footprint.

1 Like

Welcome to the community Hempjam, this place is packed full of some great folks with a wealth of knowledge. Nice new set up, I would suggest a couple of clip oscillating fans or a tower fan if there will be room. Environmental conditioning is critical and the oscillating fans, intake and exhaust will be needed to keep the RH and temps optimum. I would hang the exhaust fan with the carbon filter outside. I germ my seeds in a small domed germinator with a T5 24” fluorescent light and keep them in there for 10-12 days at an RH of 70-75% temps at 78-80. I transplant to 3 gallon fabric pots in a small veg tent. That MarsHydro 600 was my 1st light is a great little light for vegging and 1 plant in a small tent. I’m not familiar with the other light. You’ll need more lighting for flowering that 3 x 3. Are you planning on autos or photos? Medium you plan on using and nutrients? A lot to think about and don’t won’t to info overload you out the gate, more great growers will chime in with assistance. This is my preference. I’ve tagged @dbrn32 the community lighting guru for lighting guidance :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

I would suggest looking at the HLG Diablo 200. Would be a perfect light for that space.

Welcome to the community, and Happy growing!

3 Likes

Mars hydro light is ok for veg, starting seeds. But does not have quite enough juice for a 3x3 during flower.
No nothing about HPS fixtures

2 Likes

Good start but didnt see any meters! Ph, TDS,moisture meter. The Ph and TDS will be essential, the moisture meter is for drying. Also what medium do you plan to use.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the wonderful advice! I can already tell I’m in good hands here with all of the experience on this forum!
I’ll be setting this up when all my stuff gets here. Going to put this in the basement, but its a little colder down there 50+ degrees…hoping I can get the temp regulated. I do have ph,tds, testers. Can I start off with this light then, upgrade to HLG Diablo 200 ?
I’m going to buy a few fans.

OGIncognito,
Autos at first. For nutritants The soil I bought is, Fox Farm Happy Frog Organic Potting Soil Mix Indoor Outdoor Garden Plants, 51.4 Quart(2 cu ft). I was going to start with growing two plants. I also bought the 3 bottles FF combo…

2 Likes

Question, Im trying to cut down on the smell… Will that carbon filter help? Also, I should set it outside the tent? I only bought 1 inline fan. Do I need another for the bottom?

1 Like

For best odor control, carbon filter and fan in the tent, exhausting out of the tent.

3 Likes

Great medium, I like the FF coco loco :love_you_gesture:

Newt, Thanks for your advice. I’ve decided to get the “MARS HYDRO TSW 2000 FULL SPECTRUM 300W DIMMING LED GROW LIGHT” for my 3x3 tent!

1 Like

Yes start off with a smaller light to not kill the seedling and move up to the 200 a couple weeks after she pops like maybe 2 weeks switch over to good light. If temps are low with the 200 in there u can always add the 600 watt light in as a secondary light for more coverage just watch the heat If u want to check out a hell of a thread growing in 3c3 tents look at hellraiser pages. He is a grow god anything u need to know or want to know is most likely talkedabout on one of his threads I’ll tag u in one or 2 they r long but a hell of a read and u’ll learn alot just reading them. Good luck.
I Love Growing Marijuana Forum by Robert Bergman

Hellraiser grows Cherry Ice Cream clones, Jacks

Should be 2 threads of his for u. Click on it and it will take u right to the page. If u want the reg updates at bottom left u’ll see a box marked tracking click that and select watching and Everytime someone comments it will alert u. Do this to any thread u want to follow closely welcome to ur new home

2 Likes

Thanks man!

1 Like

I would suggest a humidifier some good test pens for ph and ppm a good hydrometer to keep a eye on ur RH (ur rh for seedlings should around 60-80% rh) ur temps should be around 75-80f

1 Like

Be prepared for a good read lol. @arrow has another thread of strait learning. One tells alot on cloning and growing and one is like the bonsai God grower lol.

Give this one a read when u have some spare time also. Might not need to ask question after these reads lol. Question are not a bad thing tho so don’t be shy to ask if u need it. There r plenty of awesome guys and gals to help out. Us weed people stick together

2 Likes

You’re in great hands here. I would try to open up your budget on light and fan some.

3 Likes

today being Black Friday, I’ve purchased “Mars Hydro 4 in inline duct fan /w carbon filter and Thermostat controller.”
I’m also going to pick up some fans. For the lights, I got a Mars TSW 2000 FULL SPECTRUM 300W dimming grow light.

1 Like

I use coco loco also n my grows n the soils been pretty good!! Plants do pretty grate in coco loco. And the name is kool too!

1 Like

Good choice :love_you_gesture:

Ugg…I just unboxed my Mars TSW 2000 FULL SPECTRUM 300W dimming grow light. I plugged in in to see if all the LEDs light up and I have one small row that won’t light up, unless I put a little pressure on the first led in the row. Is there a way to fix this, or will I have to ship it back?

Customer service time.