Mephisto Autoflowers 1-2 more weeks?

Hey again,
On my next run I will definitely put everything in one thread but I hope it’s the last thread for the run I have to create.
Mephisto Mango Smile, fugue state and Double Grape in coco+perlite using Canna Coco A+B, rhizotonic, cannazyme, 1 week of pk13/14, cannaboost and calmag. Few more pictures and would be very happy about opinions on how much longer they need and if I should start start the 1 week ph balanced water flush already. Maybe 1 more week of lighter feeding till flush?

Can’t manage to get a bitter picture of the trichomes.

Unfortunately I have a few issues with the lower branches as I missed my timing to trim and the 2 fans on the bottom of the tent + the air from the dehumidifier ruined some branches completely.

Just trim away when chopping? I asked about it already but I was too scared to remove them in this late flower stage.

Hope the many threads aren’t a bother.

3 Likes

You have a ways to go yet given all those white pistils. How many weeks has each plant been flowering?

5 Likes

It’s pretty much only those lower branches that should probably have been cut off way earlier and I fear that the upper ones will turn too amber if I wait for them more than 2 weeks.
They are 74 days old so ~6 weeks of flower.

2 Likes

You could selectively harvest ,no rule saying you have to chop the entire plant at once ,unless you are already gearing up for your next run

I agree with Midwest guy tho ,the pics of your top most colas are weeks out from harvest and I would wager more than 2
Once those hairs curl in more I’d start looking at trichomes then
The white pistols mean they are still growing
Let them bulk up so you don’t harvest underdeveloped buds that willl be light and airy and dry too quickly

3 Likes

Wouldn’t it massively stress the plant if I were to just cut off the big stems? Also I only have that one tent so I fear I have nowhere else to dry right now.

2 Likes

I have done it and found no stress but I edited the other comment those big buds aren’t ready
Too many white hairs and I mean the top buds

2 Likes

The smallest plant here I chopped off the entire top so I could let seeds mature ,plant didn’t even notice

1 Like

So closer to 3 weeks more? I see, still sadly I got no place to dry other than the tent.

2 Likes

I’m thinking closer to 3 weeks before you are in the harvest window possibly still on the earlier side ,especially the Fauge state and mango smile cause they are sativa dominant and most of those always take longer than the breeders guidelines

1 Like

Now is the time for patience and it’s hard I know. I grow autos and you have a really nice grow. You need a microscope to see your Trichomes to determine harvest time. After hairs turn golden brown you need to see that Trichomes are all cloudy and I like mine 10-15% amber. I’m guess by what I see you have about 3 weeks left. Here is a reasonable priced microscope that works very well. $23.99 on Amazon

2 Likes

Should be ready in 2 to 4 more weeks.

3 Likes

These give you such great easy to tell pics and what use .

2 Likes

I have a hard time understanding this ,
I have never noticed anything negative ,and I don’t believe in a certain “time” to remove or prune ,it’s something I’m constantly doing from the moment it’s started needing it until harvest ,

There is so much broscience out there about stressing plants into herming and I’ve tried to make plants herm some are just going to because of genetics and some just never will .

I have not noticed any stress to a plant from pruning regardless of the stage it’s in ,
I have actually found they seem to like/need it

I also saw in the one pic ,I wouldnt go by any of the buds on the bottom ,just go by your larger thicker buds up top ,most of that lower stuff will literally be larfy popcorn no matter how long you let it go .
I’d use it as the speedier racy sativa high

3 Likes

I see, thank you.

2 Likes

Maybe i’ll carefully attempt to remove the dead branches then. Thanks for your input! Will especially look for the big buds then.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, will buy one of those!

2 Likes

It took me a few grows to realize that the plant has an amazing will to live and do its job ,
Please don’t grow with the attitude you are scared to do anything ,I know you weren’t “scared” but I mean you let something that you maybe read somewhere stop you ,experiment ,there’s much to be learned by your own mistakes and habits and the longer you grow the better you get .

5 Likes

I have actually tested this a few times by pruning half my room harder and more often. I have gotten a few hermies, but you generally have to prune hard, often, and over a long period of time to do it. If you just pick a few leaves or a branch here and there, the plant wont notice. 1 hard prune in flower to get rid of trash and picking the light and air blocking leaves has never harmed my plants. Quite the opposite in fact.

2 Likes

Thanks will try today.

1 Like

Thank you, are you guys doing it before or after watering?

2 Likes