Meet Natasha Fatale ( 2024 sprout - Tropicana Cookies )

In the tradition of naming plants we grow, meet Natasha Fatale

If you don’t recognize that name, here’s a hint:

Hi. Call me Clay

• You can find my intro here
  • You can also read how I prepared & budgeted for this grow here

To reach the ‘sprout’ stage shown in the picture took four days
This is the journal of her grow

7 Likes

Following along!

3 Likes

Congrats :clap: :clap: fallowing along as well :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Thanks for following along, @4204life & @Highgrow
I’m glad you’re here

Natasha keeps surprising me with growth that’s crazy! You’ve witnessed it with your own grows I suppose. But for me, this is an amazing first. Today is day 5 since she sprouted and already she’s tryin’ to bust out the bottom of her lil sprout bed.

Here’s a pic of her bottom… showing her pretty little white tap root:

Today, I also saw how temperature of water/feeding solution affects pH:

• At 55-degrees Fahrenheit, the pH of my water is too high (+8.0)
  • The same water at 74 degrees? pH of 6.8

That’s a hint that using a water (or nutes) that are too cold might contribute to an inadvertent lock-out. Gotta avoid that!

For what it’s worth

• This is my first grow

• I’m starting with just one plant - An ILGM Tropicana Cookies (photoperiod-feminized)

• Tent: 3x3x6

• Light: LED @ 480 watts set to 150 PPFM

Soil:

• SEEDLING Stage: - (1 Gallon Grow sack) Purchased mix of coco coir, sphagnum, pumice, perlite, earthworm castings, compost, humus, fish bone meal, feather meal, blood meal, oyster shell, alfalfa meal, kelp meal, and limestone
  • VEGETATIVE Stage: - (10 Gallon Grow Sack) Same as for SEEDLING (above), but mixed together with Happy Frog.

Thanks again for following

Clay

6 Likes

Following along.

3 Likes

@OUTinMN I am along form the ride. Just beginning a new grow myself. I like the insight on temps affect on pH.

3 Likes

Following along. Let’s see what some Minnesotans can do!!!

2 Likes

Welcome along, @FUKAZ28 , @PogueMahone , @ModestMoose67

3 Likes

Another first for Natasha

It was her first time getting a full 18 hours under the grow light.

I think she liked it.

NatashaFatale

PPFM specifics will get posted later this week - maybe a couple pics, too

6 Likes

Something tells me she’s gonna love that light!!! Can’t wait to see some pics. Looking forward to watching your first grow!!!

2 Likes

Kind of like watching the first bike ride.

3 Likes

It sure is!!! Haha

2 Likes

It’s surprising how therapeutic it’s been for me to start taking care of a plant. . . taking care of Natasha

Natasha and Boris

Taking low-dose thc edibles. was my first (non-medical) “weed therapy”

I live in the sensory because of being on the spectrum. That means I gotta work harder at “social stuff” than most people. Low-dose edibles make it easier to do that extra work.
Weird fact: When meeting someone for the first time, I’m better at remembering scents and voices (volume, tone & intonation patterns) instead of remembering faces.

Taking care of Natasha has become my second “weed therapy”

Living within a comfortable routine is pretty ordinary for people on the spectrum - me included. And up until recently, growing weed was way WAY outside of my comfortable routine.

It’s surprising how much I like the changes I’ve been making.
That’s what makes taking care of Natasha my “second weed therapy”

I just gotta remember to laugh at myself when I make mistakes. And, I have to resist my personal demon of fixating on the statistical analysis that can start right after six data-points are documented. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

It is quite addictive. I get up in the morning, feed the dog and cat…Then descend into a warm cocoon in the basement, flip on MeTV for Highway Patrol and tend the ladies

5 Likes

Growing is indeed great therapy!!! Whether it’s these ladies or tomatoes and herbs in the garden, there’s just something about taking a tiny seed and nurturing it into a (hopefully) huge plant to nourish us. Be it mentally or physically. It’s a beautiful thing and incredibly addictive!!!

5 Likes

3 Likes

First Week Documentation:

6 Likes

Lovey little lady!!! Looking perfect so far!!!

3 Likes

Looking good for sure.
I love the spreaf sheet. Very neat for sure.
May I ask why your PH going in was so high?
Im still a newbie so forgive me if its a stupid question.

2 Likes

Such a cute little planty…don’tcha just wanna’…SMOKE HER!!!

3 Likes