Meet Natasha Fatale ( 2024 sprout - Tropicana Cookies )

Thanks for the compliment of a question, @FUKAZ28. I’m awed that you read the data here in detail!!

You asked about a pH measurement I took Feb 28th (7.5). Before answering, I’m tagging @ShureGreen into the conversation. I’m doing that because her journal had questions recently about pH and such. And I want her to feel good about a decision she reached.

• FUKAZ28, you’re more advance than me at growing weed. I’m sayin’ that because your profile has pics showing low-stress training (LST) you’ve done. I’m still waiting to do that for the first time.

• But you need to know that my on-the-spectrum brain is good at statistical analysis Unfortunately, not Rain Man good, dammit!

You’re right! The range between my data-points (5.8 lowest - 7.5 highest) is outside the ideal pH range for cannabis grown in soil. Staying within the ideal pH range of 6.0-7.0 is important.

But I’m right too about collecting more readings before making any changes yet

• For my two IN measurements, one was in-range. The second was out. After more IN measurements get recorded, I’ll learn whether maybe that 7.5 measurement was just a mistake I made with the meter… a one-time fluke that should be ignored.

• For the OUT measurements, again one was in-range, the other was out. After more OUT measurements get recorded, It’ll let me know whether I need to get help from members who’ve been doing this longer than me.

Again, thanks very much for reviewing the details here and CORRECTLY pointing out something that needs watching.

Clay

6 Likes

Hey Clay. Good job with her. I know before you said you were a newbie, I sure didn’t realize just how new. I guess sitting back and taking notes was worth it. I’m glad you chose a Photo to start with. I personally think that was a good choice. I did Photos first because if they get sick we have time to help them heal. Plus I’m not having any luck with these stupid autos at all. See, the 7.5 would worry me now that I am a whole grow in, lol. But on my 1st grow I would feed in 6.5-7.5 because that’s what the nutes said to do. They did fine and the end product was the best I ever smoked. As well as for a few friends. This time it says 5.5-6.5 so that is what I’ll do. I sure hope you don’t have all the bullshit issues I had. If you do, I’m sure you’ve studied enough to have an idea on how to fix her or at least know who to ask. You seem to be doing a great job so far. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:that continues. HERE’S TO CLAY’S NATASHA! OK, there’s no doobie or draft beer emoji so y’all can imagine them at this point.

3 Likes

Not yet

4 Likes

She’s not a seedling anymore :cry:

Natasha’s 3rd node of leaves has sprouted! :seedling:
Pics will get posted later this week - along with stats

• Starting tomorrow, I’ll be increasing intensity of of her grow light and increasing intensity of the tent fan.

• @FUKAZ28, pH & EC measurements get taken tomorrow. You’ve got me curious how those measurements gonna land.

A few new things got learned this week . . .

What can I say? I’ve got a lot to learn about growing weed. Three topics today:

• Just One Plant
  • Foliar Feeding
  • ILGM’s Bud of the Month Contest

JUST ONE PLANT:
Most growmies here on ILGM raise more than one plant at a time. It’s put a crazy thought in my brain… Maybe go wild next time and grow TWO plants?!
:thinking:

FOLIAR FEEDING - (Vegetative stage only)
Some nutrients are best absorbed through roots . . . (Nitrogen, Phosphorus, and Potassium) But other nutes can be absorbed through leaves (Calcium, Iron, & Zinc)
MEMO TO SELF: Next time at the grow store, look for a fertilizer/product that contains Ca, Fe, & Zn and contains minimal N, P, & K
:alembic:

ILGM’s Bud of the Month Contest (BOM)
Embarrassed to admit it after being a member for nearly two months, but there’s a friggin’ contest?! My vote helps decide the winner??! AND there’s a prize??!!

Congrats @Low & @MadamCalamity !!!
Their winning entry: Apple Fritter #2765990

ILGM’s March contest is already underway: here.
MEMO TO SELF: I gotta remember to vote later this month.
:trophy:

Clay

8 Likes

Hey there @OUTinMN

Appreciate the shout out! ILGM not only does BOM but other contests throughout the year.

Looking forward to that update. :call_me_hand:t3:

3 Likes

Second Week Documentation:

8 Likes

A couple more weeks and you can train her.

1 Like

Looking good! Keep up the good work :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

A few new things got learned this week . . .

• First-time Nutes
  • Cooler & Less Humid in the Tent
  • Backaches

But before telling about those 3 things . . .

• Thanks, @Highgrow. You encourage lots of growers here in the ILGM forum. Thanks for including me. When you eventually have your grow space set up, I wanna see pics.
  • @PogueMahone, Would it be okay if I ask for suggestions when I’m feeling uncertain about training? Next week is when Natasha gets transplanted to a 5-gallon grow sack. Then, right after vegetative growth gets back to normal, training can start.
  • @ShureGreen, I loved your journal posting about the ultimate stoner dream job !

• Also, I’m damned glad I’m not the only one figuring out this pH & EC/PPM thing. To simplify things, I’ve begun using the line of nutes called “pH Perfect Technology” produced by Advanced Nutrients. I used it for the first time this week. No kidding - the mix corrected the pH of my tap water down from 7.5(ish) to 6.2.
    :star_struck:

Thanks, all y’all for following my journal! As promised, here’s what got learned this week:

FIRST-TIME NUTES
Yesterday, at the end of Natasha’s 6-hour “nighttime”, her leaves still had a tired look . . . like a gal waiting for someone to buy her a drink of nutes. Within 20 minutes of that first taste, she was back to glamorous !
Natasha Fatale

COOLER & LESS HUMID IN THE TENT
Now that Natasha has reached vegetative stage, my studies show she’ll do better with less humidity & heat. That’s why the controller for my tent has gotten switched on. And now the tent’s exhaust fan kicks on when:

• tent temperature exceeds 78 degrees Fahrenheit
  • tent humidity exceeds 70 percent

Shout out to Spider Farmer (Company): The suction cup attachment that your company provides for the temp/humidity probe sucks! To be specific, that suction cup won’t stick to anything… not the tent wall, not the tent support poles. I had to duct tape it into place. And now every time I need to adjust that fucker to match the height of my plant, I’m going to be cursing you. Don’t take my word for it, though. TRY IT YOURSELF. Lick that damned thing and try to get it to stick.
:rage:

BACKACHES
@Hershy420, @Blackmoon, and @peachfuzz - I’m tagging you to let you know I’ve learned from your journals. Even when you’re in pain - you keep growing. It’s inspirational. But it’s also a warning. Because of that warning, my plan to use a 10-gallon grow sack has been scrapped.

5-gallon sack of wet soil weighs what?
:astonished:

Clay

8 Likes

Im a water only grower…
No soil , no clay pebbles, no nothing…
Just water and nutrients…
I move a hose from one spot to another weather im filling or draining… :smirk:
And sometimes not even than…
Self watering is automated by some swamp cooler floats hooked up to my ro system…
:v: :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Heres a couple of my tent setup from spider farmer. Definitely should have my other space setup within the week maybe 2. Still have to order a couple things as well.

Facts!:joy::joy::point_up_2::point_up_2: i have mine hanging down just above the plant canopy. Can see in pics above.

6 Likes

Lick em and stick em. You made me lmfao when I read that.

4 Likes

Thanks for the mention @OUTinMN
Its amazing really there must be so so many growers on the clave that i never know existed
I have at times thought of just typing letters and see what names comes up
And introduce myself
Great to make your aquantance thanks for the tag in.
I shall have a read as i rest my back
Yep i wouldn’t want a bag any bigger than 15 gal ( 56 lts )
And when you got to move one wet with a big plant towering out the top can be quite a mission at times
The acknowledgements appreciated
Cheers :beers: :clap: :v: :clinking_glasses:

3 Likes

@OUTinMN
Plants looking really good brother. Nice work.

4 Likes

First Pruning

Celebrating here!
Today, Natasha’s fifth primary node unfolded - 20 days after her initial dunking (as a seed).

Based on what I’ve learned from ILGM’s Low Stress Training Tutorial, that means she’s ready for her first pruning.

Here she is after the snip:

10 Likes

Looks perfect!!! She’s coming along nicely my friend!!!

5 Likes

@OUTinMN
Awesome looking plant.
Great job.

4 Likes

Definitely my favorite part of the process begins, shaping her to your whim.

3 Likes

Looking very healthy!

3 Likes

Third Week Documentation:

10 Likes