Marty McFly Weed 2nd grow Journey/Journal

A reading of 60-62RH is best after an overnight in bags or whatever you use to finish drying before sealing up starting the cure
I use clear tubs after drying on a rack to get them to 62RH overnight before going into grove bags. 2 meters in my tubs to compare readings
I’ll tag you over here is the link just in case I forget click on it below
Spanky’s Twin Turbo

60-62 RH then into the bags for the cure keep meters inside the bags so you can check on them if you have the window bags if not open up after a night in the bags if the reading is in range seal up for the 30 day cure or longer
I would open once a week just to check readings quickly then seal back up

3 Likes

Thanks… thats how i did it on my first run… this run i am being more picky and want the perfect cure for them… last time they got too dry… this time i want them sticky and gooy…
I take the hydrometers out while they cure. I dont leave them in the bags. Once i see they are stabilized at 62% i pull them out. I figure they are no longer needed…
Thank you fot the link!

1 Like

I had pounds get to dry in grove bags ruing the weed, if the room they are in is dry the bags won’t hold the moisture in, they are supposed to be kept in a controlled environment per Grove!
A mistake I made so I’m sharing so it won’t happen to you

3 Likes

Well dam
Guess I won’t be trying out those bags then if that’s the case I’ll stick with mason jars

4 Likes

@Skydiver don’t get me wrong they work great for the 30day cure but then I put into mason jars for long term storage with saran wrap on the bottle opening before putting the cap on works great

I even had the grove bags heat sealed

6 Likes

I am not a big fan of Grove Bags … i have a dozen Mason Jars i will be transferring back into once i got them dry enough.

3 Likes

I just toss in boveda packs, they’re cheap insurance, and keep my filled grove bags inside of a medium/smallish black tote (to prevent light from hitting them). Helps keep in the moisture and smell and works out perfect! I’m very happy that I don’t have to burp 20 jars a day :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I am thinking about vacuum sealing large quantities after a few months curing.

6 Likes

I like the large quantities approach. :wink::joy::rofl::sunglasses::metal:t2:

3 Likes

Yeah, i am just using 2 jars at the moment anyhow the rest is in the Grove bags curing at 66-63% humidity… i am done opening them twice a day… i am down to opening once every few days, if that… i plan on keeping them sealed until April 10th…or so

6 Likes

I’m sooo excited for you Marty! Hope you enjoy your crop when it’s done curing!!!

My hydrometers all are 59-60% RH and 75-76 degrees Fahrenheit. I’m only burping once per day for 30 minutes. Soon it will be every other day, then every two weeks.

6 Likes

I am enjoying it now, to be truthful

6 Likes

That’s what I’m talking about!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

When are you starting the next round?

7 Likes

Not sure yet… the bulk of my last grow that i just wrapped up is in its curing stage right now. I have that first Mauie Wowie that i harvested awhile ago that i am smoking on right now. I know in the summer it gets really hot on the 2nd floor. Too hot to flower in so i am going to have to set up that 2nd tent i bought down in the basement first. I am getting bored so it will probably be soon. I am waiting to get that “okay, i have to start a new crop” anxiety thing going…:smiley:
@Shadegrown

5 Likes

Well blowing that Mowie should keep it away for a minute. :joy::sunglasses::metal:t2:

4 Likes

Yeah, its doing its job… it just needs to cure a little while longer for the NYC DIESEL it is a little too wet still and needs to slowly cure down to goodness. I put them in a little wet so im crossing my fingers.

5 Likes

Yo bro… you doing alright? Haven’t heard much from you and concerned gromies are asking about you. Hopefully your just glued to your couch with a bag of snacks. Give us a shout and let the tribe know you’re still kickin’. :sunglasses::metal:t2:

8 Likes

MAAAAAARRRRRRTTTTYYYYYYYY, come out to PLLLAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY lol :joy:
@MartyMarajuanaseed hope all is well with you!!!

9 Likes

@Shadegrown @Negrita007
Hahahaha stuck to the couch a little, yes… i just need to give online computer stuff a break from time to time. What i need is a bigger keyboard that will be compatible with my Android Galaxy S21… after typing for so long my eyes go crossed. I make so many typos that its mostly my spellcorrect that spits out what i want to say…LOL.

7 Likes

I hear you on that! I cant stand trying to type on my phone…

6 Likes

Marty we love you brother!!! We always have to make sure each other is ok :ok_hand:t5:! Same thing we did when @Shadegrown took his break a while back! Now he can’t rid of me :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
IMG_6823

And @Mr.Mr.Limelight knows that if he pulls that crap he did again I’m sending the migrants to Texas :rofl::rofl::rofl:
IMG_6827

I’ll be in his hidden garden taking notes lol :joy:
IMG_6824

But seriously Marty. We love you and always hope you’re loving and living your happiest and most stoned life! Sitting on the sofa watching tv or listening to tunes, or playing them is the best and most tranquil life to live! The stoner life! Thanks for responding though!!!

6 Likes