Seed to Harvest — ILGM Girl Scout Cookies Extreme — Photoperiod — Indoor Grow

Peace and Blessings y’all! My name is Negrita007 and I’m in NYC. As a certified medical marijuana patient card holder, and a long time stoner, I’m extremely grateful and excited to start my first OFFICIAL grow using seed bank seeds. I’m using ILGM :heart: GIRL SCOUT COOKIES EXTREME (GSCE) PHOTOPERIOD.

Just placed my first order with ILGM today and am waiting for them to process my payment.

I’ve only have one other grow under my thumb and that was using two wild seeds from smoke we’ve had over the years. I learned a lot in the short time that I was growing those two wild seeds, that started vegging successfully. I named them Ellie and Coco. They both died because of the lack of a PH meter and I added way too much ph down. So, this is my new grow and I am hoping to go to harvest and have a successful dry and cure also.

I’m using THE BUD GROWER ADVANCED GROW KIT 48”x48”x80” (4ft x 4ft x 6.6ft).

The kit comes with everything you need to get started (except for seeds). The two LED light units use 120W and generates the equivalent of a traditional 600W light unit.

In the future, I will be upgrading my grow light to a MIGRO 4x4 500w LED.

FILTRATION: 4” INLINE FAN w/ Australian Charcoal Carbon Filtration and two clip on fans.

I’ll be growing FOUR PLANTS, each in a FIVE GALLON FABRIC POT. The BOTTOM 1/3 of the fabric pots are filled with The Bud Grower’s CALIFORNIA SUPER SOIL and SUPER SOIL CONCENTRATE (organic hot soil). Packed with enough nutrients for the flowering stage.

The TOP 2/3 of the fabric pots will be filled with topsoil using Fox Farm Ocean Forest (FFOF).

This soil setup is a water only from seed to harvest, with a bottle of CALIFORNIA SUPER SOIL GROWTH SHOT per plant to use at a certain point in the growing process. The soil is also self ph balancing, so I shouldn’t have any worries on that end.

Here are the other tools and instruments being used in this process:

Once we go to Harvest, I’ll show you the dry tent setup.

LET’S GROW!

Tagging some folks in this posts who were instrumental in building my confidence as a cannabis farmer. Thank you @MartyMarajuanaseed @Reed71 @IslandGrown76 @Hashtonbutcher @Waldy178

Just waiting for my seeds and supplies to arrive. My tent is all cleaned up and ready for the new beginning! Hopefully I will be able to get started within the first or second week of October (my birthday :partying_face: week and month).

15 Likes

Howdy @Negrita007
Good luck with your grow,you will do better this time.
Happy Birthday in advance :partying_face: :birthday:

2 Likes

You listed a heater above?
OIL or COIL?
Oil has now light emitting?
COIL visible/invisable red?
IMO, OIL heated oil device (no burning)

2 Likes

Thank you @Hashtonbutcher :blush::blush::blush::blush::heart::heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Hi @DEEPDIVERDAVE ! The description says the heating method is PTC CERAMIC. Is that ok? I didn’t consider how the light from the heater would affect the tent when its lights are out. :cry::cry::cry::cry::face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth::face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth::face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth::face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

This is the actual Apera that I ordered. And I am also going to try the organic unsulfured blackstrap molasses in my grow.

2 Likes

probably means coils with ceramic insulation/reflection technology.
no light beyond on/off?

2 Likes

I’m so stupid! I wasn’t thinking when I bought the heater! Guess we’ll have to use the heater on the outside of the tent until we get one like what’s in your picture. Thanks @DEEPDIVERDAVE !!! Probably would have blown the entire crop with the heater I ordered. I’ll be sure to keep this on my lists! :two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::man_teacher:t4:

1 Like

@DEEPDIVERDAVE

I found this YouTube demo on the heater that I ordered. I think I’ll be good. But broooooo! Thank you for the heads up.

2 Likes

Sorry I’m late to the post here but WOW! You got a bunch of nice equipment. Way to go. Your going to grow some nice flowers now. I am happy for you. You’ve been blessed.

4 Likes

Your probably not going to need a heater. The lights will take care of that. I just ordered an air conditioner/dehumidifier for my tent.

4 Likes

Looks like you are ready to go. I have some GSCE that are 7 weeks into flower. They are looking good.
Good luck on your grow and Happy early Bday!

4 Likes

Hey @MartyMarajuanaseed ! It’s never too late!!! And thanks for chiming in! I’ve been following some posts around the way and saw that you were interacting @Growmoredank , who I wanted to tag here so that they could see my official grow. I admire you guys knowledge of growing and especially with drying and curing. That’s gonna be another beast!

I was looking at an AC unit but I live in a studio apartment with an AC. That’s probably only gonna be needed in the summer time. I got the heater just in case because it gets cold in here during the winter. I have a dehumidifier but forgot to post the picture. I’ll be sure to post a pic of the tent when it’s all set up.

:blush::sun_with_face::pray:t5:

5 Likes

Hey @4204life ! Thanks so much! I’m gonna check out your posts! Are they photoperiod or autoflower? I opted for photoperiod because I hadn’t seen enough post on the seed to harvest process. Most of them are autoflower and I heard they are temperamental and getting the soil setup right is also a big challenge.

3 Likes

I have only done photos. My brother has had good luck w/autos. I just havent tried them yet.

3 Likes

I don’t think I would try autos until I really master photos.

2 Likes

I like the photos because you can choose when to flower. Think they might handle some stress better. I may try autos one day but no hurry.

2 Likes

Same here

1 Like

@4204life @Hashtonbutcher @DEEPDIVERDAVE @MartyMarajuanaseed @Reed71 @Waldy178

Guys, I did not know that the Inkbirds can only be used with analog equipment! I just got them today and have to return them tomorrow for a refund. Can’t use them. I’d have to but all new equipment ( heater, humidifier, dehumidifier) and I’d rather just monitor them as needed. Dang it! Well! That’s a learning curve for ya! :joy::rofl::pray:t5:

2 Likes

This is the review on the heater that I have

[https://youtu.be/Ip3KVtPlG-o?si=-ZQg-fh5EnCIA2kX](https://Dreo Ceramic Oscillating Heater)