Marijuana trimmings

I have had some trimmings that I got from another grower almost a year ago. It’s in a plastic bag and I kept in a tote box. I’m not sure if it’s still good to cook with…

1 Like

Bagged up trimmings are usually not dried first. They may be molded.
If not the age is not so long as to be a problem.
What does it all look like and smell like?
Leaves with resin / trichomes are the best.

2 Likes

It looks green, filled with buds still, plus it smells great

2 Likes

Have you done extractions or infusions before?

1 Like

I also just used a coffee grinder to grind up a half ounce and decarbed it for the first time… I found a YouTube video on how to do it in a mason jar in the oven! Then I matched the same amount of coconut oil with it and put it in my crockpot on low for 4 hours. It came out nice and dark and smells really good!

2 Likes

No I have never tried that… I use it to create a pain reliever for my chronic pain.

1 Like

We use an Instant Pot and love it. Takes about 1 hour and no smell. Your system works fine too.

The coconut oil you made is an infusion. Its what we do with the Instant Pot

2 Likes

I think it’s still good to use, but I want it to last so I need to get some large mason jars and humidity packs to store it it.

1 Like

If you are only going to infuse it for cooking there’s no need for humidity packs. Those primarily are to smooth out the weed for smoking. Edibles don’t matter. Unless your climate is very low humidity, like below 40%.

1 Like

If I see one at a thrift shop I’ll get one

2 Likes

I live in Rockport MA… so I think it will be okay… unless I lived in Alaska lol

1 Like

Great just for cooking too.
If you do just tag me and I will give you our process. Its easy and very similar to what you are doing.

2 Likes

How do you tag someone?

2 Likes

The @ sign in from of the name. Watch your little avatar icon on your page…
@Jenn74
Mine would be @Spiney_norman
No space between the @ symbol and name.

1 Like

I don’t see it… can’t figure it out

1 Like

I don’t have an @ symbol near my name and I don’t see yours when I click on your avatar

1 Like

Did I do it? I saw the @ symbol next to your name and clicked on it then it brought me back to this page…

1 Like

I didnt explain it well,
You have to type the symbol in the text window in front of the name. Once you type the @ symbol a list of names will show up and if you dont see the person you want just start typing their name and it will show up and then you can click on it.
Looks like this once you type it…

1 Like

I place my trimming in freezer bags and freeze them for bubble hash. Can the frozen trimming also be used for infusions since it’s frozen? I always use buds for infusion

1 Like

From what I understand it can. But frozen leaves will become mushy and you will get lots of leaf material and chlorophyll in your oil.