Is it true autoflowers yield 5-15oz?

My last 2 that came in at 12 and 10 wet cured to 3 each. So stoked about that. It was a mess of a grow start to finish lol.

3 Likes

This is what I got from my last GDP Auto. Well, most of it anyway, minus what got used already :laughing:
It got out of control and I had to do a staggered harvest, so it’s not the best smoke, but I’m still learning the more intricate cannabis details of the craft, and it’s working well enough for my needs. The 3 full jars have 2.2oz each crammed in them after they cured for a couple months. It’s grove bags next time for sure! There was also 2 solid ounces of sugar leaves that were decarbed, ground and capsulized that are pretty effective too.

10 Likes

Wow, almost 9oz from one auto? That is awesome

4 Likes

You have gotten a lot of great feedback already. So on to the auto flower I just harvested yesterday had a total 3.5 oz wet. Which in turn could be 25g-1.5oz. Grown with no additives and all organic in minimal conditions.

3 Likes

That’s who i was mentioning lol just didn’t want to put you out like that Fang. I’m following the way your doing it. Till i figure out and hone my craft.

3 Likes

I agree with what you’ve said. But being totally honest, I’ve averaged 4-5 ounces of dry flower from my autos. I think i got 6 one time. I grow indoors and only 3-4 plants at a time. I’m growing in a 8x10 room i built in my basement.

6 Likes

My averages have gone up consistently over the last few grows. 5 to 8oz per auto in soil in 5 gal fabric pots, and 8 to 11oz in coco in 7 gal fabric pots.

6 Likes

Alright there seems to be enough evidence from growmies here to convince me to try again with autos…more seriously. After my current run finishes up, I’m gonna run a full 5x5 tent of “Gorilla Cookies Auto” from 420FastBuds, will share my experience. Supposed to be a potent good yielder.

9 Likes

Yes it is true!!
And the thread mentions many factors that play into it. Lights, environment, soil or medium you use. Experience is the main one. Don’t expect to buy beans saying 5-15oz and expect 5 if you have never grown before. With that, don’t expect 15 if you are a seasoned grower.
Autos have a mind of their own, you will get good beans and you will get bad beans. But when you get good beans, look out!!
I just ran 2 Do si dos autos from ilgm and I got 17.5 oz dried and in the jar.
It’s in Woodrow’s room if you wanna search it.
I’ve also ran a single Bruce Banner that produced very well.
Good luck and happy growing

3 Likes

Fast Buds are solid :muscle:. Nice choice :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

@StickyFrostyBuds, just curious if you’re planning on starting your autos in their final pots, or if you’re going to go with Solo cups and then transplant them?

2 Likes

I’m starting in solo cups but will only transplant once into their final pots. The soil i like is a little too hot for sprouting in.

2 Likes

That’s good! I switched to autos several years ago, and at the beginning I followed the “don’t transplant autos” rule. No question that they do far better starting in solo cups.
Something that has worked great for me is judging when they’re ready for transplanting by how thirsty they are rather than their size or when the leaves extend over the sides of the cup. It’s usually between day 11 to 15, but I transplant them as soon as they get thirsty again the day after I feed/water them. If it still takes 2 days, they’re not ready yet, but when I feed them today, and they’re thirsty again tomorrow, that let’s me know there’s a cup full of roots and they’re definitely ready.

6 Likes

I like this simple method. It makes sense im going to give it a try on my last 2 in solo cups for now. Still not taking alot of water about every 2ish days. I just want to make sure the soil never falls apart on me again like it did with the first 2 that had me really worried i killed them. So making sure im using a little more water now.

2 Likes

@Trubudz2212, those are way too small to transplant in my opinion. Here’s a pic of a batch of my autos on transplant day.

7 Likes

And this is what you should see when you peel down the cup.

7 Likes

Ya i agree for sure i got way to excited. The other 2 a going to stay in there probably another week or so.

3 Likes

Usually when the leave breach the sides they are established for transplanting is what I have been doing but i have a group of random sprouts that I have transplanted and have had no issues. Bungers luck.

3 Likes

Getting a lb is a challenge with an auto. I have only seen a couple in here do it. In grow 15 here. I got 20 oz from a Jack herrer auto. It was a 6 week veg. I have done more than a few in double didgets as well. @neofirebird hits the double numbers often as well. And I agree that things have to line up in the grow. Strains play a big part in size also. And thanks @Myfriendis410 I should be back finally :grin:
I am not an expert by any means. But For my self. I have found doing autos. You will want a 5 gallon pot for the smallest. I use 5s for all my autos. I am also in coco using straight jacks. My Jack herrer in the link was in an autopot and a 5 gallon bag. Surprised me since I normally get the bigger autos top feeding.
It looks like you are getting a lot of great feed back here. @cap_Ron is great with autos :grin:

4 Likes

Well this is no lie and this forum is full of growers that get 8-16oz from autos regularly.

Here’s a Gorilla glue auto I got over 14oz from my first time growing autoflowers.

That journal is under my profile that picture came from.

And heres a Northern light autoflower I’m smoking on now that gave me a little over 16oz.
The one on the right hand side.

I’ve never had a small auto that only give a oz or 2 :man_shrugging:

13 Likes