How to Control the Stretch

Is there a way to reduce the stretch without aggressive training?

I have SCRoG’d the hell out of these plants and still going at 3 weeks from flip.

Here’s right after flipping.

And here’s now.


Aside from training, good lighting can help keep a plant more compact.

At this point you would probably be best to remove that scrog net if possible and go with lst to try and open her up some. Your net was way too loose and it just pulled up as they grew.

I tried increasing intensity and these plants got very upset. I’ve not run into light stress and until this grow. Could it just be a product of Coco growing?

Would trying to work the net lower work? Those are all pretty woven throughout the net.

Yeah absolutely. Just be as careful as you can to not touch any of the white pistils. Or just let it go as is and try to remove some of the lower fan leaves that are covering bud sites. Either way youve got a nice and full tent. :slight_smile:

Will do, I read somewhere that defoliating/ lollypopping too soon could cause more stretch so I haven’t removed anything yet. I don’t think it’s true :joy:

The general consensus on that is around day 21 of flower or when its done stretching.

Do you have the photone app to test your DLI and Parr? You can dial in your lights pretty close to perfect and test levels down through your canopy to see how much penetration your recieving.

Alternatively many of those lower branches im seeing look like they can be pulled up to reach the bottom of your net. I would try and reroute some of those lowers to the top if possible.

I do, but my phone isn’t that great and I don’t think I can rely on the readings. My light on max doesn’t come near peak DLI according to the app.


Try to get the taller ones into the net then these buds will eventually turn into these @Unexpected

What light are you using?

Happy cake day!

I’m gonna lollipop a plant soon is that true?

HLG 600R spec.

I use netting and I supercrop. It aids in keeping them from stretching.

When I move my plants from the veg room to flower room, I switch the far red off for the first 2 weeks. This seems to help slow the stretch a bit but varies between different strains. A bit late for that in your scenario so bending or lst and repositioning the net or add another could help