Here's my 1st Photoperiod & it's got a long way to go

Here is my magic melon photoperiod (40% Indica/60%Sativa) 4 days after I flipped her to 12/12. She’s in a 10-gal grow bag in a 3x3x6 tent.

She’s my first photoperiod. I have no idea what’s around the corner or down the road. Just hope the ride is fun!

14 Likes

You did great this far congrats nice job happy growing :v:

5 Likes

Beast!!!

3 Likes

Oh my goodness. She is a lovely lady. She is going to be huge.
l3q2DgSFjbAyseViM

4 Likes

wow brother, shes a beauty. im excited for you

1 Like

Being in a 6’ tent I looked for breeder’s grow / size information. The only specific info I could find was on Ask Growers Dot com. Under Grow Info it gave size as 50 - 80. Other sites just said large. Given this information I would expect a good amount of stretch. It looks like she has been topped multiple times. This is good given its potential size. However she is extremely bushy as a result. I would thin / defoliate the bottom third and its central core now. I would also prune lower flower sites (popcorn). Also, maybe look up supercropping just in case it takes off.
She is off to a strong start and looks great. Good luck

3 Likes

I will do all that. Thanks

1 Like

@beardless

Done!

We are heading out to dinner now so will take a picture later showing some defoliation I did. Didn’t go too crazy on it

3 Likes

A flipp’n Beast Brother! I see a pound in your future :love_you_gesture:. Time for a little clean up. I do a decent defoliation the day I flip and takes cuttings too for a clone run! Looking phenomenal Brother, well done :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

That’s quite the bush nice growing that tent is going to be full

1 Like

Nice job @VirginiaGrowBoy :slight_smile:

1 Like

@OGIncognito @JustNikki @beardless @dirtydave @Vtbudz @beachglass

5 days after the flip I can start to see the colas just barely starting to set up for pistil and preflower.

However, if I looked at it right and counted accurately, I counted 82 potential cola sites. That sounds like way too many for a relatively small 3x3 tent.

Am I already in trouble? What should I do???

2 Likes

I think you’ll do great Brother. Will take some maintenance and LST. This was a mother WW that I let get away from me and she was a quadline that I topped several times. She put out a lot of good bud :love_you_gesture:

6 Likes

The plant will adjust to the amount of space available. If it can’t grow out it will grow upward (trees in a dense forest). Did I previously mention supercropping. Likewise the plant will only support a certain amount of buds. In essence the bud mass will be very close between the same plant with lots of buds Vs one with fewer. The difference will be size and weight of the individual buds. Trimming is not one of my favorite pass times so I opt for less is more.

3 Likes

@beardless

So, given that I only like trimming up to a point, would you suggest I just cut out 40 of those and sort of space out the remainder? I’m totally okay with that given I’m going to have a mountain of pot regardless

I hate chopping buds but thinning the number down makes good sense to me. Pick the upper most buds on the strongest stems. Any interest in cloning? This is an opportunity to take some cuttings. If nothing else, keep a few for practice / experience.

1 Like

I already pulled 5 clones right when I flipped her. Gave 2 away to a friend and have kept 2 of them for myself for now.4 survived but 1 died.

1 Like

1 Like

@JustNikki @OGIncognito @BudzMS @dirtydave @beachglass @beardless

One last question (for now that is :wink: ), since the plant is so big, should I increase the concentration of Jacks nutes to feed all that “activity” ?

2 Likes

good question since im about to start jacks next week for the 1st time and next grow i am growing 2 photos.

1 Like