Help. Using fox farm trio

Hi if you guys can take a look at my recent post and help me out with my watering today? I currently watered the 3 plants with 1.5 gal just in case I need to add nutes but the ppms of the first plant came out at 879 and the ph was 5.5 and keep in mind the ph might be off because the ph pen I have isn’t that good and am waiting on the apera pen I ordered. The second plant came out at 584 ppm and ph was 5.8. This was the lowest ppm I got. The smallest plant came out at 687 ppm and ph was 5.6. Please help and let me know how to use fox farm trio and know how high the ppms need to be for them in early flower. If you want pictures you can look at my latest post and it has everything you need to know for my setup.

Pics or it didn’t happen. :slight_smile:

The FF Trio is notorious for causing pH problems. Are you growing in soil or coco?

You will get better responses posting all data relevant in one thread when requesting help. Most growers aren’t going to go looking for other posts for information relevant to the questions.

I’m growing in soil. 50/50 ocean forest and happy frog. I haven’t given them any nutrients. Also thanks I’ll keep that in mind next time

You have more of a pH problem than a PPM problem.

Do your best to maintain a runoff PPM of ~1,000.

pH needs to be corrected. A flush down to a runoff PPM of ~300 to 400 will correct pH to 6.5 when growing in HF. The FF Trio is very salty and requires a few flushes during a grow. The mineral salts build up over time, which submarines your pH. As such, occasional flushes are necessary to correct pH when using the Trio. A wetting agent such as Sledgehammer or FloraKleen can make a flush far more efficient.

pH should be maintained in the range 6.3 to 6.8.

I don’t think I should flush it because I just not long ago transplanted to a new pot and have grown huge since. My main question is how do I mix fox farm trio and know how to use them h the is far into the grow? Like which nutes do I use from the 3 when I’m already in early flower?

I do agree with you though. The ph pen I have isn’t the best and am waiting on the apera pen to get the best reading. I know the one I have is off.

pH needs to be corrected and a flush is the only good way to accomplish that. The plant will struggle to uptake nutrients when pH is off.

As per the schedule while maintaining a runoff PPPM of ~1,000.

Okay I get it now. So what would you recommend me do? I haven’t flushed them since early veg. And the ppm are getting low. How would I go about flushing them and getting the ppm to where it need to be?

Sorry this is my very first grow so it’s a bit confusing sometimes man

A pH < 6.0 compromises phosphorous (particularly important during flowering,) calcium, and magnesium uptake. As stated above, a flush down to a PPM of ~300 will correct your pH to 6.5.

After that, feed as necessary to maintain that ~1,000 PPM. Keep in mind that wet soil will not absorb nutrients very well, so achieving that PPM of 1,000 will be difficult with the 1st feeding. Feed lightly after the flush, then work toward the 1,000 over the next couple of feedings.

Note that the FF Trio REQUIRES flushing to address pH issues. It is a known issue with the Trio. I suggest switching to Jacks 321. Jacks does not present this pH issue like the Trio does and does not require flushing.

the ph of the my plants are lower than 6 though?

Seems so based on your comments:

Sorry, I don’t understand the comment.