Help! I think i have root mites?

Hey guys i have a serious problem. Ive still got 3 plants in veg stage but infeel like they should be even taller than they are. However when i went to feed them about an hour ago i notices these very…very small crawling things coming out of the soil and around the rims of all 3 plants. They arent under the leaves of any planst in, around and on top of the soil.

Any suggestion on what they and how to get rid of them?

1 Like

AllI can see is the rim of the pot and not the plants?

1 Like

Well from what ive read in the forums…im feel confident in saying that o believe they are root mites. They are very tiny. Pretty much microscopic. Any help on how to get rid of them?

1 Like

Only a recommendation from dealing with fungus gnats. Buy mosquito bits. Soak 1/2 cup in warm water in a gallon overnight, strain and use as feed water. Repeat. Until they are gone.

@MeEasy did I get the recipe correct?

4 Likes

I had a buncha root mites earlier this year. Diatomaceous earth got rid of them pretty fast.

1 Like

Yes ma’am, looks good to me :+1:

Just remember never use hot tap water, sediment in your water heater is not good

3 Likes

Everything mentioned above. Just make sure if using DE to pull your plants out in a well ventilated area. There are some very fine particles in DE. Jacks and mosquito bits are good too.

4 Likes

Hey, so i bought the D.E. and wanted to know do i just sprink a nice layer on top? Or do I add the to feed want apply it that way? Thanks!

1 Like

DE is useless after it gets wet so, I just put a layer on top on a non watering day and I bottom watered the next watering or 2.

2 Likes