Hellraiser grows Zkittlez and Banana Kush in coco with Jacks 321

I personally would wait a few more days. Give her roots a little longer to hold your grow medium together. Hellraiser may say go for it and I would trust him over me. Lol.

1 Like

Well I went for it. The roots were good. Time will tell. Its in ocean forest and now I watch my little girl thrive.

8 Likes

new grower here so take that into consideration. You might see a little yellow tip happen with that ocean forest in the beginning. I wouldn’t freak out over it. Make sure you follow a good watering schedule and water slowly so you dont make any pockets.

6 Likes

I have used Ocean Forest for another grow that is where I know about it. This is my first time in starting from seed and it has been a challenge

3 Likes

Well done!

Good day there. I got my plant in a 1 gallon fabric pot yesterday. Now for watering it how do I really determine on how moist it should be.

In Ocean Forest soil, you want wet/dry cycles, don’t keep it moist.

4 Likes

Pics are from yesterday.

Group shot of the Zkittlez, day 18 of flowering

Closer look at Z1, she’s about 5’8 at this point at the tallest colas, the stretch seems about over and getting good bud growth

Closer look at Z3 and Z2, Z3 in back, she’s the triploid and the next tallest plant, both starting bud production

Closer look at Z4, the extreme shorty, not much bud growth yet

14 Likes

Here is the Banana Kush 5 day group shot. I have 3 very nice specimens and a runt and a mutant. Will give the runt and mutant a chance but if the runt stays runty and the mutant doesn’t get normal leaves on next set then they won’t make it to transplant and will be culled. I started up a couple of Cherry Ice Cream clones which can bring up the number of plants in flowering to 4 if needed.

13 Likes

You got some crazy growth in the back! Are you gonna scrog?

2 Likes

the z1 stems are huge.

2 Likes

Nope, no scrog on this grow, way too uneven of a canopy to bother with on this group.

4 Likes

When do you start counting flower? When you flip lights?

1 Like

Yeah, she’s a heavy sativa dominant pheno but looks like she’ll make some great buds and have a nice yield. They are smelling very nice and fruity at this point.

On the constant lookout for hermies as I’ve read about a few growers on this forum that had issues with their Zkittlez going hermie on them.

7 Likes

Yes, I start counting after light flip, day 1 is first day after a 12 hour dark period for me.

4 Likes

They should put this with all the fans u buy now. Just got a t8 few weeks back should have came with this controller not the older style.

4 Likes

Did you see much improvement using your uva in veg? Thanks hell!

3 Likes

Hmm need to know this also i turned mine off til i started to see pistils. Should i leave them on.

3 Likes

Yes they should, guess they have a bunch of the old controllers they still need to get rid of.

3 Likes

Its like 60 bucks for the controller alone lol. Thats a third the price of my t8. I can see 20 or 30 but i believe it was 57 or 67 bucks. NUTZ!!!

3 Likes