First Time Grower Thanks To High Times Dope Cup! And I have no idea where to start!

What do you think about the shape these are in and the stress they have been through? Guess im starting to wonder if i should start my first grow with fresh auto seeds.

3 Likes

Cant see it in the pic but the leave color is fading

Nice looking set up ! When do you plan on moving the girls to bigger pots?

Thanks Today just waiting on amazon to ring the door bell lol.

My clones looked really sad until they got established. You’ll want to judge your new growth rather than the old existing leaves. If you can get your humidity up, they’ll do just fine.

1 Like

My bet is they are not auto plants. It does not pay to clone autos. As for the viability of the plants, hey look like they spent some time traveling. I would get them transplanted some water then reassess in a couple days. It is difficult for people on the forum to under stand the shape of your plants when the pictures are taken under the burple lights. If you take photos in natural light it will be better for all of us.

3 Likes

My humidity is now up to 45% and temp is 72 degrees i will take better pics when i get ready to transfer them. I sure appreciate all the help i was starting to doubt my girls.

1 Like

Not sure where to go on the forum to ask questions. I picked your name from a dart throw. I do hope you can help an old guy (69) out. I’m a beginner, sure you can tell.

1. what is the difference from a reg seed, a feminized seed, auto flowering seed, etc etc.
  2. which seed will give me seeds back for next year, cause my wife and I live on 3K/mo.
  3. I use medical cannabis but the price is killing me. Like to grow enough to make tinctures with grain alcohol. My planting zone is NE Vermont USA, going to grow in 7 gal bag pots, outside.

Any input would be great. I have read allot in the last few days on this site, to no avail.

Thanks for listening.

Reg seed- boy or girl
Fem- all female
auto- don’t have to change light schedule to flower

Can’t get seeds back unless you have a Male to pollinate and get a female to hermi

Since $ is a issue. New seed bank newguy420 seeds are as low as $3 each

2 Likes

Thank you ever so much. I do hope I can ask more in the future.

Jim J

Just put a @ in front of name to get someone attention @Jimj

1 Like

My pots have arrived taking a min to get my mind right! Using FFOF. Any last min tranfer advice do i sit the pot directly on the floor or on top of something so they dont sit in any run off water? Lol im geeked lol i thank all of you again for this help getting started.

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 can you set @Jimj up with his own thread? He’ll get a lot more traffic.

1 Like

Let me see what I can do @Myfriendis410 @Jimj

2 Likes

TY for all your help. Much appreciated

1 Like

I have read the complete plant care and I am half way through the growing bible. Will continue searching for answers and ideas. As a beginner, I’ll plan on using fem or auto flowering. I have given up the idea of growing my own seeds. Vermont is cold outside in October. Thinking auto flowering should be my best choice. Considering one sativa and one indica seed for medical use. I am presently purchasing medical cannabis with high THC levels plus CBD oil capsules. I take a few drops of high vs a mid range which uses more of my tinctures. I make tinctures using 151 grain alcohol but it’s hard to remove all the alcohol. Trying to cut my costs down by growing my own. If you are reading this please offer info on medical species that grow well in cold outside conditions. I have chosen a few on my favorite lists, now to bring it down to two.

Thanks for listening and for all your help.
Jim J

Hi @SmokeOne I think I can answer your question about what to place under the cloth pot. Just use a plastic pot liner. If you don’t have one just go to Home Depot or Lowes. Get it at least about 2- 4 inches wider than the width of the pot, so it can collect more water. This will come in handy in the future.

Here’s common mistakes new folks make when starting (I did this too)

• Don’t over water your plants (let them almost dry out between watering)
  • Don’t feed them too many nutrients

Good luck…lots of great peeps here that are very helpful, as you can see. Don’t be afraid to ask questions.

Good Luck and welcome!!!

2 Likes

This is correct, but you need one more thing - something to keep the pot out of the water. You can buy a plastic trivet that is designed for this purpose, or just do what I do - put four 1 inch PVC pipe ends under the plant.

IMG_4036

IMG_4037

3 Likes

Thanks again going to pick them items up.

Is the humidifier with the mist bad for my girls? The 1 I picked up has the mist and gets the humidity up to around 48%. The mist is blowing away from the girls.

3 Likes