First time grow! Looking for light advice

Hello all! I’m planning to start my first grow this month, and have purchased everything (i thought) I would need to get started.
One of the items i purchased was an AC Infinity 3plant grow tent.
With that being said, the grow tent comes with a 240w light called “IONBOARD S33”, could anyone here give me their experience with this light if they have any?
Also do you think this would be strong enough for one-two plants? (I dont plan on growing three, I was just making sure I had extra room in the grow tent. :slight_smile: )

Thank you in advance. Also, this forum is amazing.

4 Likes

ACI’s lights are good ones.

Great for 1 plant, marginal for 2. One well-lit plant will give more yield than 2 poorly lit plants.

Welcome to the forum.

7 Likes

Welcome @NukePop. @MidwestGuy said what I was going to say. You are doing the right thing, asking these questions before dropping seeds and having to rush for a solution to a problem. :man_mage:

4 Likes

Thank you for the replies.
I’m more interested in learning than anything at the moment haha.
I can’t remember the last time I was this excited to start a hobby.
With thay being said I also purchased a 4 pack of additional bar lighting.
They are full spectrum “IONBOARD S11”, will that help make the second plant (if I plant a second) more well lit?
I’ve read so many posts and comments on this forum, its incredible. I accidentally stayed up until 0530 last night/this morning, reading all sorts of stuff. :smile:
Once again, thanks for the helpful responses!!

3 Likes

All quality lights are full spectrum and it doesn’t make it more powerful.

5 Likes

There are many really great growers on this site. All of them are eager to help new growers (and those of us that are not so new) grow the best buds possible with whatever they have to work with.

You will get all of the help you need right here. Just tag someone using their screen name with “@” in front like this @NukePop to ask someone specific a question or invite them to your topic. :man_mage:

4 Likes

Addum :+1:t2:
All 4 will give you another 112w in the tent :green_heart::metal:t2::cowboy_hat_face::muscle:t2:

Welcome :wave:t2:
Great place

3 Likes

Understood! Thanks so much for the help @MidwestGuy as well as @merlin44
Ill probably be here asking tons of questions as the days/weeks go by.

Also @StonedCold13 Thanks for the info. Ill be sure to throw em’ in!

3 Likes

I missed that the OP was adding additional light.

You can get away with 2 plants with the supplemental lighting.

5 Likes

Always watching y’all’s 6 :wink::green_heart::metal:t2:

4 Likes

Start a grow journal. Post updates, pics, and questions and the community will help you along the way.

Here is an example grow journal.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum :metal:

These guys gotcha taken care of :muscle:

4 Likes

Welcome to the community :v:

5 Likes

Thanks @kellydans and @Highgrow, very excited to be a part of this community!

I’ll make sure to do so! I’m going to spend some time these next few days reading journals to get a feel of other peoples plans and actions.
When I start mine, would it be ok to tag you and ask for feedback along the way?

Once again, thank you everyone for the help, as well as the kindness. You all rock!

4 Likes

Welcome to the neighborhood. :v::blush:

3 Likes