First grow ever! Join me and school me with anything you see fit

Day 0-

Still waiting on a couple of Apple Fritter auto seeds to arrive from a kind stranger. I’ve learned how to brew a worm tea (worm castings, “grandmas molasses”, and some liquid kelp with an aerator for 24 hours)

I’ve also learned about beneficial critters in the soil and how keeping worms in it would be a good idea (have my own vermicompost so this was a no brainer).

Currently started everything in a 25 galling pot I believe. So far for my mix it has Kellogg raised bed and potting mix, some of my compost, some perlite (I don’t think enough), worm castings and mulched with garden debris and straw. I also put roughly 50 red wrigglers.

It’s sat for about two-four weeks now and has springtails, and red/white soil mites crawling around (mainly due to them being in my compost). I’ve watered it twice with the worm tea mix I mentioned above and top dressed once with Build a Soils “Craft Blend”.

Currently have a solo cup with just cocoa and perlite in it to try prevent any nutrients from burning it prior to growth. should I just add a handful or two of my growing medium or will this be too hot for a seed that’s germinating? Was also interested in seeing if craft blend would be sufficient the entire grow.

Until next time growmies

7 Likes

@Caligurl @OGIncognito @merlin44 @Dforce @GreenJewels @Slug_Life @GardenDan

6 Likes

@Bigcbud
Right on! I’m in!:facepunch::+1:

I’ve used Kellogs before. The only thing I would recommend is Pumice, instead of
Perlite-for long term and living soil applications.
I do not use coco coir anymore, so I couldn’t help in that area. But start with less nutes and work your way up.

Craft blend can work for the entire grow. Jeremy from BAS has stated so. I use a flower booster (420 Ultra Blend) but only during flowering-not to try to get fatter buds- but a variety of food sources for the buffet the ladies love. IMHO.

SL out.

3 Likes

Thanks for stopping by and for your input @Slug_Life have a good day

4 Likes

I’ll hang and watch :sunglasses:, but I will not be much help with living soil. I will if I can. :v:

2 Likes

Apologies, I recall you saying such I just tagged the people who’ve responded to me before.

2 Likes

Looks you’re set up for success.

I would stop adding any liquid to your pot. Without plants growing in it, it will stay wet and your risk the soil becoming anaerobic and/or a home to unwanted microbes.

I think having 20-25% of the final soil mixed into your solo cup is a good idea. Gives some nutrients to be available without risking nutrient burn. Also adds in the beneficial microbes from the soil to help the young roots.

I assume you’ll be ok with craft blend to top dress the entire grow. Although with that size soil, I think it’ll be a while before you top dress - if at all during the auto run. The plants might not get big enough to use up all the nutrients. I would still top dress to keep the nutrients cycling, but you may get away with being light on the amounts.

Overall looks like you’re ready to go. The hard part comes next - doing very little while the seed germs, sprouts, and grows. You could easily not water for the first month of being in the 25 gallon. You’ll want to water and add teas, resist the urge for a while.

5 Likes

@GardenDan Thanks for stopping by brother.

I’m going to take the advice as possibly a weaker top dress right before flowering. Your answer was pretty reassuring after what Ive read people have to do with coco/perlite, without a watering system I have no clue how you could enjoy the grow.

Mixing the soil into cup now

4 Likes

Nice brother glad to see ya made it here very happy to see your on here @Bigcbud

2 Likes

Yeah bro don’t be a stranger, you’re the reason I’m on this site.

2 Likes

Na your as good as can be now jus wait on the seeds an once they show up you’ll be growing in no time an if there’s anything that you need help with this is the place to get it… Seriously there are some truly amazing outstanding growers here id name a Few but there’s jus so many …

4 Likes

I’m most excited for your seeds tbh

2 Likes

Day 0- Inquiry

So doing a couple of runs of lights on and lights off I’m realizing humidity and temp will be my enemy during the drying process. I’ve been reading about the “Lotus Method” and was curious if anyone has any insight on it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0CGRG19BP/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A2JW0YL0CY4CYJ&psc=1

This was the model I was looking into getting in about a month or two.

1 Like

Do I sprinkle this around the seeds in the paper towel?

1 Like

Once the seed is germinated and I place in the solo cup can I start giving it light that’s recommended with the lights I bought? Or do I wait to see something in particular before I give it light?

I’m not even sure if people are even seeing updates to what I’m writing lol

2 Likes

No Growmie that goes in the hole once you plant your seeds after tap root emerges.

3 Likes

Lol we see it pal it’s just some days it takes people a little longer than others to answer. Once your seed has germinated bury it a quarter inch in the soil and place your light above it .

5 Likes

Growmie let’s work on getting you to harvest before even worrying about drying. Here’s a link to my journal. I grow autos, photos and silliness… Out of the three hope you find one you enjoy or helps you with your grow

4 Likes

lol true! I’m an ambitious one

1 Like

Thank you @DoneDeal an honor to have bud of the year here :slight_smile:

2 Likes