Hey everyone, I’m a noob at this point of the grow cycle so I have a few dumb questions. This plant was in a tent with females close it and I didn’t realize it was a male (ik I’m kicking myself too), does it look like these pollen sacks are open and might have ruined my females? I’ve already taken it out and disposed of it. Also this was a White Widow feminized seed, I didn’t think males were possible?
They’ll have some fertilized flowers most likely. Even feminized seeds will have a few male offspring. Or a female plant with mostly flowers can produce male parts if it is stressed enough.
You’ll have some seeds for your next grow. Which isn’t all bad considering the cost of seeds these days.
I have a collection of seeds that just showed up in my flowers. Sometimes you’ll find a male in the tent. A few times I’ve detected random male parts on a female. But most of the time I didn’t know how they got fertilized.
What’s your harvest window? If you are like 15 days or less out, I bet you won’t notice other than a few curling brown pistils. The seeds take a good 4-6 weeks to be viable. There isn’t even a soft green ovum (pre-seed like in seedless watermelon or grape). This don’t show up until into week 3 of flower, and no hard poppers until week 4.
So if you are more than a month out you will have seeds. If you are close to harvest don’t sweat it at all.
Looks like a healthy well cared for plant. Too bad it’s a dude. We all feel for you.
My harvest window is definitely longer than a month, I see brown pistols on a lot of buds in the tent does this mean that they are pollenated? And if one part of the plant is pollinated, will the rest of it also be pollinated?