Bubble Hash (keif storage)

Good afternoon guys.
I’ve got some questions on storing Keif. I’ve got about 25 gram jar full of dry shifted Keif. I keep it in the airtight jar in a closet is that okay?

Later today I’m going to ice bath extract a bunch of trim that I have using the bucket method. I’ve read after you extract it, you should dry it for 4 days. Once dry can I grind it and put it in my dry jar that I have existing or should I do something else with it?

I don’t intend to make the bubble hash anytime soon I just want to store the kief

Thank you in advance

3 Likes

You treat it like you do bud. Same things apply. As for hash, I like to keep hash and concentrates in the fridge in airtight containers, supposed to help retain quality and terps. Just have to wait 15-20 minutes before opening after you’ve removed from the fridge to avoid condensate/moisture getting into the jar. I keep some in the box I’m getting into daily though, preferably staying below 70°

7 Likes

Thank you

3 Likes

:+1: Are you topping bowls with the Kief? Have you considered any concentrates? You could vac seal a bag and put in the freezer for long term storage.

3 Likes

Good day low,
Personally I don’t. I’m sure it would make a dynamite hit putting the keif over some very good bud.

I’m very old school and remember back in the seventies hash only came out one or two times a year and if you didn’t jump on it you missed it. So with all this Keif I’m excited to make some hash.

Nevertheless, on Black Friday I intend to buy a decent press. I have no idea what I’ll do with it but I’d rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it LOL and I figure with Black Friday around the corner I should save a few dollars on one. I actually seen this one

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B09KLVXFFP/ref=ox_sc_act_image_2?smid=A17PBJ8O60AV7K&psc=1

3 Likes

Very nice. All we ever had here was brick weed. Lol. Every once and a while we got some sweet kind bud.

Presses are awesome for Kief and hash as well. If you want great quality hash aim towards freezing whole plants right after chop an using that for bubble. Fresh frozen

As for the press… Check out this thread, it’s a collection of members sharing there methods and experiences

5 Likes

Oh boy, I remember that. Full of stems and seeds and you appreciated every bit of it. Smokers today are so spoiled all they want are Rock solid buds. I look at all the trim and how potent it is yet to people today it’s garbage weed. Spoiled rotten is all that is. (More hash for me) thanks for the link Low.

5 Likes

I remember back in high school in '79 we’d grow plants and smoke the prunings! Sure, took 2 joints each to get stoned, but get stoned we did!

3 Likes

OMG let me tell you!
I found an old grinder of my wife’s the other day. We haven’t seen this grinder in about 3 years.

It had about 4 grams of kief in the bottom.

That crap kicked line a damn mule!

Lol it was in a box in my basement. So it was dark, dry, and cool. I couldn’t believe it was still good.

4 Likes

You know what, I’m with you that people today are spoiled. Buuttt, lol I was one of those back in the day smoking the brown frown, and no disrespect, the Mexican dirt weed. You bought an oz for $40, first time i ever bought a quarter of Dro, and they said $100, I dam near lost my mind. Now I smoke nothing but premium, and I can grow my own… Mind freaking blown! Now I buy seeds! Ha talk about progress!!! Love it!!

4 Likes

So I bought that same press. I was ok. Felt like I didn’t get the yeild I should have. They have another one that cost a little more that’s better and I recently purchased a higher end one that I really like. But search Dulytek brand on Amazon, I have tge manual and auto version both work well.

3 Likes

I hear ya. I remember smoking that shit. Four people on three joints and a can of paps Blue ribbon you are :+1: nice!

2 Likes

Okay guys I just finished doing the ice bucket method. I only kept the last two micron bags out of five bags and everything else I disposed of. (the first three bags)

I got a shit ton of it out of 9 oz of trim.

I pretty much put a piece of cardboard some paper towels and a 25 micron cloth and set everything on it I’ve been dabbing the top of it with a paper towel to get all the water out.

I know I got to let it dry for 4 days do I put it in a baby jar like a baby food jar with the lid off to let it dry or do I let it dry on a piece of parchment paper. ?

2 Likes

I use a pizza box,with a small hand towel and the 25 micron cloth folded in 2, or if your cloth is full I toss another cloth on top until dry,some say to grate it after dry but never had luck with that or freeze then grate, I just Do as stated then put in my pollen press for pucks.

4 Likes

Google frenchy cannoli, makes it pretty simple after watching. Quite a few videos and methods. You are supposed to freeze after initial removal from bubble bag. 24 hr later siev it into smaller pieces to dry properly. Check him out very detailed and informative.

3 Likes

I’ve seen a few of his videos. All the videos that I seen he was decked out with all the latest equipment in his kitchen. I’m not even using a press I’m using heated bottled water. Nonetheless, I seen that you should put it in the freezer until it freezes and then lay it out to dry for 4 days does that sound right?

3 Likes

If i remember correctly yes but siev it, into small pieces to dry after the freeze. I know i dont have all the fancy stuff either but still plenty of good info. Wish i had a dry freezer myself…he does have a boiling bottle of water video…

3 Likes

I personally don’t see the point in putting it in the freezer and then drying it I don’t see that serving any purpose whatsoever but keeping it moist. My opinion only.

Pressing it dry felt really good so I simply got a baby tupperware bowl putting napkin in the bottom. Put the keif in a 25 micron napkin and placed another paper towel over top of it I’ll just let it dry in a 60° room for 4 days

1 Like

Does not make sense to me either. But if frenchy does it that way, gotta be right. Last time i did bubble, it was exactly like you wanna do it. Came out ok, but personally felt like it did not dry right. Only my opinion. I am not a expert in any way, only referring frenchy. Good luck either way.

Did it turn out better for you when you put it in the freezer for one day and then dried it?

1 Like