Any tips or pointers for scrog?

First time using a Scrog net or even photos just wondering if I should be bending the main colas down? They just started the second week of flower just wondering if I should be doing anything or let them grow. Should I defoliate the canopy? Strains are 3 oreoz (clones) , one Panama red (seed).

A SCROG should be one plant only. Individual screens allow movement of plants/removal etc. for disease or harvest. I normally attach my screen to the pot which allows me to pick up and move plants as needed.

I veg mine until the screen has a top in every cell before flipping. While the plant stretches and before it hardens off I thread branches through the screen with some being tied down if needed. At plus 3 weeks in flower (two week transition) I do a complete defoliation of the bottom third of the plant. You can use a second screen but I find using an adjustable SCROG to eliminate the need for a second screen. The result:

Outside for pictures

6 Likes

Wgat a beauty!

4 Likes

Are you saying the flowering time count starts 2 weeks after the light flip? Is that correct?

5 weeks total since the flip but 3 weeks actually in flower? (2 weeks transition to flower that doesn’t count)

There first light cycle switch was 9/15 they just started showing signs of pre flowers

1 Like

The clock starts when pistils first appear at the tips of the plant, which is generally 10 days to 2 weeks.

2 Likes

That’s a hella beautiful plant!! Gorgeous structure and bud sizes!

2 Likes

Done in Promix HP under home made LED fixtures. GH nutes and IIRC the entire nutrient line was used. Just under a pound in jars.

1 Like