Am i ready for my first harvest?

9 weeks from flip. 2 Ny diesels(back left and front) 1 LA Confidential(back right). First grow but i did a great job.

9 Likes

You are showing late flower foxtails which to me is the indicator for harvest. I’d say you are in the harvest window.

5 Likes

Do you see foxtail on both stains? How bad is foxtailing?

1 Like

Agree you are in the harvest window…look frosty. The foxtails are just calyx stacking on each other. Yours is just starting…that’s where the white pistils are coming from. Buds are very smokable. If you are not going to harvest…I would back off your lights.

2 Likes

Ty, first grow so I’m stoked but nervous to chop them down! Any advice on cut and dry? Plan on hanging them in the tent at 70° and 60% humidity. Fan pointed away and no lights?

3 Likes

Welcome to the group by the way. Sounds like you have a good plan. It is now a preference thing. Harvesting with all cloudy trichomes means you are at peak THC…letting some go amber gives more of the couchlock buzz.

3 Likes

Here is a good example of foxtailing. About as bad as it gets. Lol

Yours look good.
Welcome to the forum!

5 Likes

Thanks, i decided to chop them down.

5 Likes

Sorry to kidnap this thread. I’m like a foxtail master :disguised_face: the picture you did below is a lot of the weed I grow sometimes. I always Max everything out lights, I do 19/5 lights throughout autoflowers and definitely wait for a lot of Amber so 16 weeks plus.
When you say back off like turn down the lights not as intense? I already have my license high as they can go I got one that sprouted four feet plus. Here’s a picture of mine thinking about pulling some of the stuff this weekend

These pictures are from Sunday and pretty much 15 weeks old

3 Likes

welcome to the forum and those look awesome. Like someone posted above Amber gets you a little bit more couchy I like to get almost a 50/50 so I’m a foxtail master. I was just looking at my blueberry saying damn their foxtailing. I’m also doing something different I’m just going to chop off certain ones and the under that are not mature enough let those keep on growing. So I have no idea what’s going on on my nutrients/flushing lol. I know I took off a couple of good stalks to see what’s going to go on on a 14 and a half week harvest LOL good luck
PS this place is awesome great members on helping each other out and even better seeds to buy from thank you everybody

2 Likes

If possible, get this down to 60°F and shoot for a 7-10 day slodry. Do you have a way to measure internal moisture or do you do it ol skool and snap test the stems?

3 Likes

Late foxtailing can be a genetic trait and can happen no matter what you do. Intense heat and light can also cause foxtailing so many back off height and/or intensity in late flower to minimize it. My light is not dimmable so I get them on some stretchy plants…I just smoke um.

3 Likes

From what I’m learning so far yours are probably maxed out on potency. This is my first grow and i used photo seeds. I was going after bigger yield. Not sure what the dry weight might turn out to be. I think i let my plants veg too long(6 weeks) cause after i flipped then they sit up 2 feet taller. I thinned out most of the fan leaves but still couldn’t get enough light below the canopy. I did add the smaller grow light to shine from the side. It helped some of the lower buds to mature.

2 Likes

I have my tent in a spare bedroom. I’m trying to dry as slow as i can but yes 70° is about as cool as i can get it without running up the power bill with the hvac.

3 Likes

Understood brother. We do what we can. Here is a biggun from my last harvest.

11 weeks veg and 22 weeks overall til the chop

3 Likes

I just did my 1st ever harvest. Buds look kinda airy but breakdown like popcorn all sticky an oily

2 Likes

How many days to get yours dry? How do you plan on curing? I’m using curing bags. So i cut mine 2 days ago. They were super sticky but I’m not getting the strong weed smell. More of that wet plant smell.

2 Likes

Looks nice. I was wondering why mine started foxtailing before the leaves started turning yellow. Is it cause i don’t have enough light during flower? The diesel isn’t as tight as i excepted. What kind of curing process do you prefer?

1 Like

Go for 7-14 day dry… The longer the better.

The wet grass smell should go away and is normal… I never get used to it.

If using grovebags… Dry until a moisture meter stuck into the bud middle… Not the stem… Should read 10-12% when ready… If you throw a small hygrometer in the bag… It should be about 58-63rh. Perfect for curing.

Leave them bagged for at least a month.

I also paper bag the buds for 24 hours before bagging… To better stabilize the dry.

Welcome to the community! @REDEYE420

2 Likes

What light are you using?

Fox tailing could be because heats too high or to intense of light.

Or… Genetic as @Riskguy said.

1 Like