Acapulco Gold Auto

I have a couple of Acapulco Gold Auto. I’m not sure when and what to do to at this point. The plants are only about 2 feet tall and appear to be ready for harvest, but I’m not sure.

Anyone with an idea on when and how to cut the buds and still keep the plant alive for more harvests?

1 Like

Severe case of foxtails

1 Like

What does that mean?

Micro buds

Bad? Good? What do I do?

It simply baby buds growing on top of your regular buds. It’s a genetic thing. It’s not going to hurt anything. Just makes the buds look ugly

Yes as I understand A.G. tends to foxtail :point_up_2: :point_up_2: …If this is an Auto I wouldnt try to cut a few buds and try to keep growing the plant…Just wait until the plant is ready and dry the whole plant. You can start another auto if you haven’t already… I always wanted to try A.G. maybe next season…

2 Likes

Al you will love it. I grew one recently and was pleasanty surprised with the end result of the bud and she was the most colorful girl I have grown to date. Mine was photo.

4 Likes

Mine turned a nice gold color too. Here is a bud next to a purple punch just before chopping.

I had chopped the main colas and let these smaller buds over ripen for a nice sedative effect. Helps the wife sleep better.

5 Likes

That’s a beautiful plant! :star_struck:

1 Like

Thanks for all the input. Those buds are beautifully sticky. :slightly_smiling_face:

Why is that? Is there a technique for harvesting/trimming AGA that I should be aware of?

Looks a little early to harvest, one of the drawbacks of foxtails is it can make it hard to tell when it’s ready. Do you have a jeweler’s loupe or usb microscope to look at the trichomes? That’s the best way to tell when it’s ready.

My northern lights had bad foxtails but it was from my light being too close

1 Like

Foxtail city . But other than that plants look good