Fox tailing week 8 of flower

What should I do? Chop her? Wait? Foxtails started week 6 of flower, currently on week 8 of flower. They’re all over, not just on top. This is an auto 15 weeks above ground.

9 Likes

You can raise the light or lower the light intensity. Mine are doing it as well going into week 9 of flower. I plan on leaving them and smoking it like normal……

6 Likes

Trichomes still look clear from what I can tell by the pictures. I agree with Jspeach on raising light. That’s happened to me before and it really hasn’t had an effect on anything except looks. Nice buds though congratulations on your grow. I chop when Trichomes are all cloudy and 10-15% has turned amber. Good luck and again nice grow for sure.

4 Likes

I am thinking fox tails seem to be a auto flower thing. I get them only on my autos so far. I think sativa also does it more than indica. They have never hurt anything i noticed besides looks.

3 Likes

Agree with the above. They are most likely caused by too much intensity of light. Other than appearance, they are pretty harmless. Just puts more in the trim pile.

5 Likes

Is this what youre calling foxtailing? Been growing for 6 uears and never seen it. Trics are 70% clear still, some pistals are still white. Let it go?

3 Likes

It looks like fox tailing to me but I’m new to growing.

3 Likes

What did you use to get those macro shots. Curious… lol

3 Likes

I was just getting ready to post.
ILGM Do si Do auto’s
Born 11/6/23. 138 days old.

This is my 3rd trip with Do si Do.
I’ve had 2 dwarfs and 2 of these.
This plant is a half elbo. easy.
I hate to lose it
Keep feeding ??

3 Likes

A $30 digital wireless microscope that connects to my phone, from Amazon.

1 Like

I use a $25 microscope from Amzn.
You can see it in one of the pics i just posted. I have it attached to an adjustable guitar stand. Gets job done.

1 Like

I agree with the others. Some times foxtails just seem to like certain strains. I hate when I get buds that look like what yours are doing to you @Tgler007 I just had a plant do hat to me last grow. Fortunately it is rare to see for me. My plant will end up with fluffy buds. Still a great smoke. just not the nice dense ones we all love :grin:

2 Likes

thanks, was trying to pick a good, tired of jewlers loupe. if you can share link id appreciate it

3 Likes

https://a.co/d/eK9P53Z

Something like this works great.
It connects to wifi so you can take pics. You cannot hold it by hand and get pics. I zip tied mine to adjustable guitar stand.

3 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/Microscope-Microscopes-50x-1000x-Inspection-Compatible/dp/B09MRNM214/ref=asc_df_B09MRNM214/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=563685323976&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10739188498421175&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9003420&hvtargid=pla-1637721962796&psc=1&mcid=ac17628f9fec3d5ca2b343e1ec09a76a

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like