1st grow, 1st scrog Just a noob postN

Righto. Thanks. I’ve been wondering how and when to give up on a few stragglers. Also, I had been wondering how many nodes to leave up top . So ill wait until after stretch to get rid of any I was attempting to start training more in veg. But I made the mistake of having plants that grew substantially different heights, with 1 trellis The smaller plant still has no tucks, while the other im tucking 2x a day to stay low. I do have another trellis ready.

1 Like

I think you might of defoliated a little too much too soon. You kinda want to let a lot of the growth go. To pack that net, and use the net to spread. The little suckers that don’t keep up or can’t penetrate the net because of other growth can get removed.

Once they get a little bushy I like to remove the bottom 1/3rd

Then you wanna leave a decent bush here to promote photosynthesis and allow those branches to get energy to reach the top. I’ll also remove any upper large fans that might be blocking too much light or cluttering the canopy.

I’ll let them bush out and train them into the canopy for a couple weeks. Removing obvious things. Tuck as often as you can.

After that net is 90-100% full I’ll remove anything not hitting the net at this point, wait a couple days and then flip.

Removing too much too early can make it take a long time to fill.

The last run utilizing this method

Not an even canopy because there was 16 different strains. But just an idea for you. I’m not BS’n lol

1 Like

Alright. Thanks. I’ll let em go for a while.

1 Like

Very pretty. Stuff.

2 Likes

Lots of luck there with phenos! Haha! Your ladies are looking great so far :grin:

1 Like

update: Few hours shy of 3 weeks in flower

3 Likes

3 Likes

4 week flower update. If any still following this.

1 Like

Your scrog will help support your plants if the budz get to heavy but you want to lay those branches out flat brother. It will even out your tops and make for an easier trim. It also helps spread it out and maximize your space.

It looks really good though!

2 Likes

Are you talking about all, or just the few taller ones? . Im not really sure that I can. I’ve tucked and tucked some more. I have some stems that are trained in full circles. I have it as stretched out and tucked as I feel safe doing. I peeled/ broke a main stem off the smaller one trying to do too much, I guess. (I used plumber tape to fix it. Been a week and no signs of damage). I’ll be doing my last hard defoliating this week, so I will be able to see where and if I can tuck some more.

1 Like

No buddy, you are doing well! Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Probably cleaner than this round I am on right now. Was taking care of my dog who died this crop :cry:

1 Like

Cool thanks. Most of what shows in the picture of underneath are bottom stems I’ve just stretch out away from the center stem.

1 Like

Oh I’m so sorry. My old boi was my besty. Best wishes to you.

1 Like

What week are you on 4, 5?

1 Like

Week 4 and a day

1 Like

Right on target! Beautiful plants buddy!

1 Like

Thank you very much. Now I gotta figure out when and how to harvest, dry and cure as best that I can. The amnesia haze ,I read, can use 2 extra weeks of flower. That dud of a plant in the back of my tent , that is supposed to be a fast strain of Bruce banner is gonna need the extra time if it’s gonna do anything good. It’s actually over a week older than the AH too. So I don’t know what went wrong there. It took 3 seeds to get that.