1st grow, 1st scrog Just a noob postN

Hi. just finished leveling out this canopy. First scrog. Plants are on day 8 after I went to 12x2… still trying to figure out how to switch the water out with this danged net on now. Lol. Augh. I’ll leave specs below. And follow up in a week, unless it still looks bad.

What strain - quick grow fem. photo.Bruce Banner…fem photo Amnesia Haze
Seed bank - seed supreme
Method- hydroponic, 5 gallon buckets with 6 “basket using clay balls root spa setup
Souce water -well → RO 8-16ppm / pH 5.5-6.5
PPM/TDS or EC - start with 1250 and top off with water until under 1000 ppm at current stage.
Additives-General Hydroponics flora series and Calimagic / Botonicare hydroguard
Indoor
Light system- 1x VIPARSPECTRA 2024 Upgraded XS2000, 1x VIPARSPRCTRA LED grow light 450w
Temps; Day - 74F/ 77F Night - 72F / 75F
Humidity; Day, Night - 50-60 same for both
Ventilation system; AC Infinity CLOUDLINE PRO S4, Quiet 4” Inline Duct Fan with 10-Speed Controller as exhaust.
AC- No
Humidifier-Rosem. Small and cheap
Co2; - 2x jugs of sugar and yeast. It can’t hurt.
Tent- 4x4x6’7”

4 Likes

Those are some naked plants man

2 Likes

They look good, they will fill in and evenly grow top nugs. A good thrashing makes your plants grow strong. I bet you kill it :muscle::point_up_2:

2 Likes

Thanks. I hope so.

2 Likes

That looks great! I hated the idea of strings being attached and used a temporary trellis scrog thing made of bamboo sticks and rubber bands. Our grows aren’t very different.

3 Likes

Here they are now at 6 weeks of flower

3 Likes

Looks beautiful! Scrog for the win!

2 Likes

Oh nice. I have something to look forward to. They have already mostly turned upright. I’ll take a picture before the day ends.

1 Like

Can’t even see my scrog anymore lol

3 Likes

Thanks for the idea, just recently bought the bucket and want to try some first grow but still figured out how I LST them and still can manage to change the reservoir.

here my recently try to scrog my small pot soil plant with garden wired(hard one) and clip to make this

2 Likes

Will a screen like this work? It isn’t too small, too early to add, and the growth will just pop the clips off? If that is all metal wire, if all goes optimal, would you lose a bunch of crystals trying to cut and remove the metal wire?

Just some pictures to update.

4 Likes

Those are looking great!

2 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

Update to original post. I decided on a way to drain and refill the buckets.

I got this
BRINGSMART Mini 12V Food Grade… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BZYKXLSY?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I use the root spa, so it has the sight tube on the side. This tubing,
Active Aqua HGTB25 0.25 Inch… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007ISXGI0?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share,
Fits perfectly inside the sight tube. The hose provided with the transfer pump also fits over the active aqua line. I then mix everything up in separate dwc bucket while draining the original dwc into an old bucket. Then transfer the newly mixed.
It is not the fastest, but worked great. I only have 2 plants. So this works fine for me.

2 Likes

Five days. Filling in. Just trimming and training. I repositioned/rotated a light, and lowered them to 19 inches.

2 Likes

Hello, can I just keep tucking to keep level canopy until I run out of trellis space? Thanks

1 Like

Absolutely.

2 Likes

Wow!! Thanks.

1 Like

I recommend maxing your net out, or as close as you can prior to flip. After stretch cut the branches out that are small or likely not worth while. Have a secondary net to support weight. N then you are set!

2 Likes